Why Choose this Training Course?
This practical and exciting the 5-day Masterclass for excelling in Leadership and Business training course provides all managers, supervisors and leaders with the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare them for senior responsibilities in their organizations. It is suitable for anyone working in a government, non-government, private sector, or semi-government organisation.
The 5-day Masterclass for excelling in Leadership and Business training course is designed to equip participants with the skills and confidence to lead and manage in a fast-moving and complex work environment. This is a generalist seminar, and it considers many of the major areas and practices of leadership, innovation, and strategy.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Leadership and management skills
- Strategy, planning and strategic thinking
- Understanding innovation
- Developing global awareness
- HRM for non-HR Professionals
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between transformational and transactional management
- Explain ways to improve communication
- Describe the fundamentals of innovation
- Apply strategic models to the current organizational strategy
- List the value dimensions of national culture
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All supervisors, middle managers, department heads and senior managers
- Engineers and other technical professionals moving into management positions
- Non-business professionals who need a wider understanding of leadership and management principles
- Human resource personnel including HR Business Partners
- Professionals who would like a refresher course in MBA type topics and want to be familiar with current thinking
- Personnel who are likely to take up leadership positions
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion. There will be practical sessions where participants can practice and experience course-related activities.
Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning. Role plays, and interactive activities will be used throughout the course.
The Course Content
Day One: Leadership and Management
- Models of leadership and management
- The importance of followers
- Transformational v transactional management
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Feedback techniques using EI
Day Two: Strategy, Planning and Strategic Thinking
- An introduction to strategy
- Developing a Business Model Canvas
- Understanding vision & mission
- SWOT, PEST, PESTLE Analysis
- Porter’s Five-Forces Analysis
Day Three: Becoming Innovative
- What is innovation?
- Innovate like the world’s best organisations
- Disruptive Innovation (DI)
- Examples of great disruption across multiple industries
- Enablers and constraints for innovation
Day Four: Essential Global Awareness
- Understanding culture
- The five value dimensions
- Developing your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Cross-cultural communication
- International negotiation
Day Five: HRM for Non-HR Professionals
- Why you need to understand the role and function of HR
- The essentials of Strategic HRM
- The role of HR v the role of the Manager
- Key issues in HRM today
- Personal Action Planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.