Why Choose this Training Course?
This very practical and interactive training course is designed to provide all managers, supervisors and leaders with the necessary skills and knowledge and to prepare them for more senior responsibilities within their organizations. It is suitable for anyone working in any position in a government, non-government, private sector or semi-government organisation.
While this ‘Mini-MBA’ does not provide participants with a formal MBA qualification, it does introduce participants to many of the key areas that would be covered in an MBA Programme. The training course is designed to stretch delegates, in order to equip them with the knowledge and confidence to lead and manage in a fast moving and complex work environment. The 5-day mini-MBA is a generalist seminar and it considers many of the major functions and practices of leadership, innovation, and strategy.
This training course will feature:
- Leadership and management essentials
- Strategy, planning and strategic thinking
- The importance of innovation
- Essential global awareness
- HRM for non-HR Professionals
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between transformational and transactional management
- Apply the 5-forces model to current organizational strategy
- Describe the fundamentals of innovation
- Explain in their own words ways to improve communication
- List the five value dimensions of national culture
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All supervisors, middle managers, department heads and senior managers
- Engineers and other technical professionals moving into management positions
- Non-business professionals who need a wider understanding of leadership and management principles
- Human resource personnel including HR Business Partners
- All professionals whose task it is to create and/or implement strategy who have not undertaken a formal MBA program
- Those considering a formal MBA course
- Professionals who would like a refresher course in MBA type topics and want to be familiar with current thinking
- Personnel who are likely to take up leadership positions
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion. There will be practical sessions where participants can practice and experience course-related activities.
Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning. Role plays, and interactive activities will be used throughout the course.
The Course Content
Day One: Leadership and Management Essentials
- Theories of leadership and management
- The importance of followers
- Transformational and transactional management
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Feedback techniques
Day Two: Strategy, Planning and Strategic Thinking
- Understanding the basics of strategy
- Developing a Business Model Canvas
- The importance of vision & mission
- SWOT, PEST, PESTLE Analysis
- Porter’s Five-Forces Analysis
Day Three: The Importance of Innovation
- What is innovation and where does it come from
- Innovate like the world’s best organisations
- Disruptive Innovation (DI)
- Examples of great disruption across multiple industries
- Enablers and constraints for innovation
Day Four: Essential Global Awareness
- Understanding globalisation
- Hofstede’s value dimensions
- Developing your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Cross-cultural communication
- International negotiation tips
Day Five: HRM for Non-HR Professionals
- Why all leaders need to understand the role and function of HR
- Understanding the essentials of HRM
- Strategic HR
- The role of HR vs the role of the Manager
- Key issues in HRM today
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.