Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly current training course will provide the basis for understanding the trends which prevail in shipping at present and provide the tools for unlocking your potential. This is primarily intended for professionals who already have exposure to shipping. This Shipping Management, Leadership and Strategy training course is designed to support participants in updating their knowledge of the sector and developing their skills in order to enhance their confidence and motivation and become successful strategists and leaders.
This AZTech training course will provide a bridge to participants for achieving the next level of effectiveness, revitalising their visions and investing more successfully on people and strengths.
This training course will feature:
- Shipping, trade and finance
- Maritime and port operations
- Legal frameworks
- Delivery of vision through the human element
- Creating value
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify current trends in shipping management
- Gain a better understanding of the legal environments surrounding shipping
- Understand game drivers in shipping for generating growth
- Integrate new perspectives and enhance strategic thinking
- Identify their leadership potential
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Executives and managers ashore from the shipping and oil and gas industry
- Maritime professionals working onboard
- Independent maritime professionals
- Senior professionals from other sectors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will make use of a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented, and deliver an exciting and meaningful learning experience. This includes lectures with active delegate participation including problem solving, reflection and discussions. Several experiential exercises will be used, with the focus being placed on current trends, industry best practice and the interaction of attendees.
The Course Content
Day One: Shipping, Trade and Finance
- Seaborne trade and shipping
- Flagging and ship registration
- Shipping stakeholders
- Qualitative shipping and the IMO
- Industry best practice
- Current trends in shipping finance
Day Two: Maritime & Port Operations
- Vessel operations
- Port safety and Port security
- Port agency
- Cargo operations
- Trends, risks, opportunities: consolidation, digitalization, connectivity, cybersecurity
Day Three: Legal Frameworks
- Ship registration law
- Carriage of Goods by Sea Law (charterparties)
- Marine Insurance law and practice
- Maritime safety and security law
- Marine Environment Protection
- Trends, risks, opportunities, including in relation to autonomous shipping
Day Four: Delivery of Vision through the Human Element
- The Human Element in shipping
- Manning requirements and the use of crew agencies
- STCW 2010 & ILO MLC 2010
- The use of standard contracts
- Managing multicultural crews
- Building teams, motivating and inspiring people
Day Five: Creating Value in Shipping
- Leadership Development- What is your vision?
- Enhancing emotional intelligence and developing skills
- Visionary thinking, encouraging change and innovation
- Becoming a strategic decisions-maker
- The role of business ethics and social corporate responsibility
- Value creation in an uncertain world
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course