Why Choose this Training Course?
This training course will prepare delegates to develop and write effective policies and procedures, important documents, and other related documents such as Specifications and Standards. The focus of this course will be on making these effective within the organisation and consider issues such as compliance, language, and organisational culture. It is important to enhance this skill set because all business activities (public and private sector organisations) are governed by policies and procedures; hence, in order to perform their job and be competitive - practicing professionals must develop such skills.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to create professional documents
- Identify the main clauses that appear in them
- Understand real examples of policies and procedures
- Understanding of methods used in drafting effective policies and procedures
- How to avoid ambiguity and uncertainty
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Use highly effective drafting skills, which will be useful tools in all types of documents
- Analyse the clarity of expression in all documents
- Apply methods to highlight potential problems with existing Policies and Procedures and improve their effectiveness
- Illustrate the impact of non compliance and build fully compliant procedures
- Demonstrate ability to reduce risks
Who is this Course for?
The training course will benefit all those who find themselves responsible for developing, writing or implementing policies and procedures in both the public and private sector organisations.
This AZTech course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Process and Procedure Writers
- Administration and Secretarial Professionals
- Quality Professionals
- Document Management Professionals
- Procedural “Job Experts” tasked with documenting Procedures
How will this be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes the latest trends in seminar presentations which are made up of interactive practical exercises, supported by audio visual material and case studies. Participants will be encouraged to relate the principles of policy and procedure writing to the specific needs for their own organisation.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Policy & Procedure Writing
- Why they are important
- What makes a good policy
- The structure of policy and procedures
- Writing styles
- Incorporation of other documents
Day Two: The Governance and Roles involved in Policy
- Practical activities
- The role of policy and procedures
- What needs to be included
- Who needs to be involved
- The review process
- The approval process
Day Three: How to Implement Policy & Procedures
- Review examples of policy and procedures
- Avoiding ambiguity
- Standards - ISO
- How to ensure staff compliance
Day Four: Drafting Policy & Procedure
- Drafting guides
- Best practice
- Useful and relevant tips
- Effective writing
- Drafting exercises
Day Five: Case Studies and Workshops
- Case Studies
- Workshop objectives
- Group workshop/exercises
- Group discussion
- Course review/wrap-up
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.