Why Choose this Training Course?
For the world of business and commerce is changing pattern ever faster pace. There is always pressure on time for face-to-face meetings. This AZTech training course provides delegates with a practical framework for negotiating in a time efficient way. It also will address the challenges brought about by the information revolution which is taking place at this present time.
Delegates will gain a better understanding about source of information which might impact negotiation discussions in real time and disturb the power balance during negotiations. The training course will introduce strategies and tactical plans for dealing with the faster pace of business and immediacy of information. These new aspects of negotiation are integrated into the subject to give a fresh and vibrant perspective.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The key principles of any negotiation framework
- Understanding your personal negotiation style and the ability to operate in a fast-moving environment
- Information sources and their dynamic impact on negotiation discussions
- Protecting negotiated outcomes by building lasting relationships
- Aligning team dynamics with collaborative negotiating
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how the ‘information revolution’ is affecting negotiation
- Analyse the negotiation landscape and the bigger picture
- Utilise planning to achieve better outcomes
- Develop a range of tactics to use in collaborative negotiation
- Determine how to better resolve difficulties when negotiating
Who is this Training Course For?
During this training course we will cover all the key aspects of negotiation in context of the pace of business and the almost instantaneous access to information which exists today. This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Negotiators operating at all levels
- Department heads
- Leaders of negotiating teams
- Staff at higher levels of executive responsibility
- Managers from a wide range of business disciplines including engineering, project management, production, finance, sales, business development and procurement
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. It is a highly interactive seminar, using a mix of formal presentations, case studies, role play exercises, self-assessments, presentations and group discussions.
It will include practical work, discussions on relevant case studies in all relevant areas of the subject. The teaching methods used provide an opportunity for delegates to learn, develop and then practice the skills taught using a variety of hands-on exercises that utilize participation and that reinforce and build on the comprehensive course materials provided.
The Course Content
Day One: What We Already Understand about the Negotiation Process – is no Longer Static
- The pace of change in commerce and the need for Dynamic Negotiators
- Common terms, phases and stages in negotiation
- The information revolution and it’s effect on the negotiation landscape
- Key principles of the negotiation framework and recent cases which challenge the status quo
- Understanding our own personal negotiation style and adapting to dynamic situations
- The dual concerns model and its influence on planning for a negotiation
Day Two: Widening our Cognitive Reasoning to become Better Negotiators
- Perception and its effect on our approach to negotiation
- Framing and reframing to gain an understanding of the situation
- Convergent and Divergent thought processes and biases
- Improving our communication and influencing skills
- Strategic planning for Integrative negotiations
- Authoring convincing pitches and arguments to strengthen your negotiation
Day Three: Power, Personality and Establishing Relationships
- The negotiators’ sources of power and how it becomes acquired
- Harnessing power by developing relationships and defining boundaries
- Influencing as the ‘go to’ person at the negotiating table
- Getting things done with the engagement of others
- Using persuasive language to reach your goals
- Unethical behaviour and its consequences
Day Four: Overcoming Difficulties and Resolving Differences
- Creating momentum when negotiations are stalled
- Understanding individual differences, abilities and approaches to negotiation
- Managing difficult negotiators with Emotional Intelligence
- Recognizing and coping with deception and falsehood
- Countering aggression, argument and hard tactics
- Getting people ‘on side’ and ensuring commitment when it matters
Day Five: Consolidation for Success, Creating Sustainable Agreements
- Adopting strategies for building successful outcomes through collaboration
- The complexity of multiparty negotiations
- Understanding team dynamics, egos, competitiveness and frustrations
- Composing and operating in negotiating teams
- Using coaching to develop uncooperative team members
- Practical skills session
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course