Regarded as the largest city in the province of Alberta, Calgary secured its economic significance by leading Canada’s oil & gas industry and by housing collective contributions to boost its impact in several sectors such as energy, technology, aerospace, tourism, health & wellness, media and finance to name a few. AZTech is committed to raise the bar of its standard by showcasing quality training locations beneficial to ones learning experience.
Why Choose this Training Course?
This very practical AZTech training course is designed to assist managers to manage technical professionals and organisations. Managing technical staff can require particular skills and competencies that may not have been part of your training or previous work experience. This includes the need for transformational leadership, highly developed communication skills, Cultural Intelligence (CI), teamworking essentials and the special needs for managing cross-functional teams.
This AZTech training course on will allow you to explore the skills needed to manage technical professionals in any organisation. This course examines the key ingredients of successful management and the skills needed to be.
This training course will feature:
- Managing technical professionals
- Become a successful communicator
- Managing cross-functional teams
- Transformational leadership principles
- Current business issues related to managing a multi-cultural team
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Distinguish between groups and teams
- Understand how Cross-Functional management manages business processes across the traditional boundaries of the functional areas.
- List the stages of team development
- Improve their Cultural Intelligence (CI)
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone who manages technical professionals
- Engineering Managers
- Project Managers
- Technical Leads
- Operational Managers
- Financial Professionals
- HR professionals moving into Leadership roles
- Anyone recently promoted into a people management or leadership role
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning. Role plays, and interactive exercises will be used throughout the programme.
The Course Content
Day One: The Essentials of Management
- Contrasting leadership and management
- Managing technical staff
- 21st Century transformational leadership
- The emotionally intelligent leader
- Giving effective feedback to staff
Day Two: Teamwork Essentials
- The critical stages of team development
- Characteristics of high-performing teams
- Teamworking activities
- The stages of team development
- False consensus and groupthink prevention
Day Three: Cross-Functional Management
- When is a Team not a Team?
- Advantages of Cross-Functional teams
- The Cross-Functional Manager
- Essential people skills for effective Cross-Functional Management
- Guidelines for implementing cross-functional team
Day Four: Communication Skills for Team Management
- The psychology of effective interpersonal communication
- Avoiding the main communication barriers
- Active listening – the Roger’s method
- SOLER Techniques
- Achieving win-win outcomes
Day Five: Developing Your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- The meaning of culture
- Understanding your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- The seven most prominent levels of culture
- Hofstede’s value dimensions
- Managing multi-cultural teams
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course