Why Choose this Training Course?
This course has been specifically designed to help you develop your skills to manage stress and pressure at work. Many individuals have been affected negatively by stress and pressure at work resulting in poor performance at work as well as serious consequences to their health and life.
In this course you will obtain the latest insights into what makes an individual be able to manage themselves and others during times of stress and pressure. By applying these skills to the tasks and challenges you face in your work, you will begin to experience breakthroughs you've never thought possible.
This course will feature:
- Understanding sources of stress in our life
- The importance of dealing with perceptions
- Confidence to deal effectively with stress and pressure
- Techniques of effective stress management
- Managing body, mind & spirit
- The impact of thoughts on our feelings
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the source of stress and pressure at work
- Determine the cause of their stress (stressors) in their work
- Apply effective skills in managing stress and pressure at work
- Enhance their coping skills in dealing with stress
- Improve their skills in managing their body and mind to deal with stress
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Engineers & Managers
- Senior Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies to ensure optimum comprehension of the concepts presented. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of stress management to the particular needs of their workplace.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Source of Stress and Pressure at Work
In order to deal effectively with stress and pressure you will need to understand the source of stress in our life. We must learn to understand the debilitating effects of stress on our body and how to manage these effects.
- Sources of stress
- Coping with stress
- Principles of holistic living
- Managing stress
Topics to be covered:
- Understand the source of stress in our life
- Perception and stress
- Stress and its effects on the body, mind and spirit
- Holistic body, mind & spirit response to stress
- Personality styles and response to stress
Day Two: Dealing with Stress and Pressure
Individuals are constantly bombarded by stress and pressure in their lives. It is imperative that you learn skills to cope with the stressors which you will face on a daily basis.
- Body and mind relationship
- Relationship between thoughts and feelings
- Stress management techniques
- Response to stress
Topics to be covered:
- Managing your body, mind and spirit
- Applying Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) technique to manage stress
- Developing a creative response to stress
- Self-leadership excellence in handling stress
- Developing a personal action plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course