Why Choose this Training Course?
As corporates look to grow their need for finance also grows. As a result they will turn to banks for loans or seek to acquire other organizations possibly through leveraged buyouts. This AZTech training course provides both corporates seeking finance and bankers evaluating requests for finance, with the essential tools to evaluate and manage loan, leverage buyouts and acquisition finance.
It will enable bankers to structure the terms of the loan appropriately thereby reducing bad debtsand increasing profitability. It will enable corporates to successfully secure much need finance on terms that meet their needs.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Credit risk assessment – the latest tools and techniques
- How to structure loans, matching purpose with amount, repayments and term
- The major features of Leverage Buyouts
- Methods of Acquisition Finance including Equity, Debt, Mezzanine and Stock Swaps
- The nature and structure of Project Finance and Special Purpose Vehicles
- The very latest issues in the financial and corporate sector
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate requests for various methods of finance
- Structure loans effectively matching price, risk and Basle
- Recommend strategies for Leverage Buyouts
- Recommend methods to finance acquisitions
- Structure Project Finance contracts
- Evaluate the latest financial issues affecting your organization
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals from the Financial sector and from the Corporate sector you use bank finance, but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- Financial decision makers in corporations
- Bank credit officers
- Compliance officers
- Investment bankers
- Management consultants
- Bond credit analysts
- Fund managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
A particular feature of the training course is the Analysis & Evaluation of Case Studies relevant to your role and organisation enabling successful knowledge and skill transfer.
The Course Content
Day One: Credit Risk Assessment & Credit Risk Practices
- Principles of Lending
- The Main Lending Facilities/Products
- Evaluating the Business & Industry Risk
- Credit Ratings
- The Use of Financial Statements to Assess Business Risk
- Evaluation Models in Excel
Day Two: Loan Structure
- Matching the Purpose, Amount, Repayments & Term
- Loan Documentation
- Loan Agreements & Covenants
- Interest Rates & Fees
- Pricing for Risk
- Linking Price and Risk to Capital Adequacy & Basle
Day Three: Leveraged Buyout (LBO’s)
- Collateral/Security for a Leveraged Buyout
- The Attributes of Good Bank Security
- Hostile Takeovers
- Reasons for LBO’s
- Reverse Leverage Buyout
Day Four: Acquisition Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions: A distinction
- Valuing a Target Company
- Financing an Acquisition via Equity and Debt
- Mezzanine Finance
- Paper Finance (Stock Swap)
- The Impact on Shareholders
Day Five: Project Finance
- What is Project Finance?
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) & Parties to Project Finance Schemes
- The Structure of Project Finance Schemes for Infrastructure Projects
- Equity & Debt Financing
- Recourse & Non-recourse Finance
- Bonds; Guarantees and Letters of Credit
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course