Why Choose this Training Course?
The world is changing at a rapid pace, and so is the way organisations create or do business. With the impact of COVID-19, an increased level of virtual working will become normal for most organisations moving forward. Homeworking, distance learning and online communication streams will completely change the way we work, socialise and interact. In this new, high-stake, technological world, are traditional leadership theories and approaches the right way, or is a new form of leadership needed?
Highly successful organisations are now embracing the importance of virtual working and dispersed teams, bringing the benefits of utilising a diverse global talent, cost-reduction of fixed office assets, and reduced carbon footprint to name a few. The key question is: ‘Are you ready to lead your team in this rapidly changing world?’
This highly interactive and thought-provoking training course has been developed to explore new approaches of leading and creating teams in a virtual environment. You will learn leadership skills needed to lead virtual, remote or dispersed teams; as well as a new focus on engagement and influencing techniques to lead others remotely. In addition, how to control the effective management of tasks, as well as developing people for greater performance in a virtual workplace. This is an essential development for those leading remote and dispersed workers or virtual teams - or those who wish to gain insightful knowledge on the future of leading in the working place.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How traditional leadership differs in leading virtual, remote or dispersed teams
- Understanding their own leadership style and how to adapt their ways of leading others
- The key engagement and influencing skills needed for leading remotely
- The main factors for leading change and solving problems with remote working
- How to be effective and efficient in managing performance and output when working with remote and dispersed people
- The key options for development and conducting remote development and coaching techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different approaches to leadership with virtual, remote or dispersed teams
- Influence and build working relationships to engage and build rapport remotely
- Apply techniques to lead change and manage problems effectively
- Demonstrate performance-enhancing techniques in virtual environments
- Apply coaching and mentoring to develop others remotely
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit those leading or managing virtual, remote or dispersed teams – or those who need to ‘future-proof’ their leadership development:
- Senior Managers and Business leaders
- Project & IT Managers
- Sales/Commercial/Marketing Managers
- HR Managers
- Team Leaders
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes highly interactive exercises, case studies and targeted videos relevant to the topic area. This will be reinforced through active facilitation, group dialogue and feedback throughout. In addition, a Leadership Profile Assessment will be used to highlight the leadership style of the individual, with 1-2-1 constructive development feedback provided by the Course Facilitator.
The Course Content
Day One: Virtual Leadership and Teams: Leading Remotely
- Organisational benefits of virtual, remote and dispersed working
- Defining the characteristics of Virtual Teams
- The need to work and lead virtually: VUCA, Pandemics and Disasters
- Changing face of Leadership to Virtual Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence and its impact on Virtual Leadership
- Virtual Leadership Assessment (leadership profile) and review
Day Two: Influence & Engagement in a Virtual Environment
- Communication problems of virtual teams and remote working
- Mastering interpersonal communication in a virtual environment
- Gaining influence without being there: the Influence model
- Using media technology to build rapport & working relationships
- Conducting On Line meetings: controlling the virtual meeting
- Handling conflict situations remotely
Day Three: Leading Change & Managing Problems in a Virtual Environment
- Change models and theories
- The human side of change: personal change curve
- Leading change remotely: factors and strategy
- Dealing with problems remotely (people and task)
- Applying creative problem strategies in the virtual workplace
- Health and Safety considerations of remote working
Day Four: Team Building & Managing Performance Remotely
- Remote and dispersed working: is it for everyone?
- Understanding Virtual Team Dynamics
- Motivation and the individual
- Managing others performance remotely
- Planning, organising and objective setting in the virtual environment
- Delegating and controlling tasks in the virtual environment
Day Five: Virtual Development Options of Individuals
- Importance of individual development
- Methods in developing your team remotely
- Coaching and mentoring: models and principles
- How to conduct remote Coaching and Mentoring
- Developing the team to the next stage
- Action Plan and Next steps
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course