An intensive professional development training course on
and Succession Strategist
Success: The Right People in the Right Roles
Why Choose this Training Course?
Succession Planning is the process through which organisations identify and develop potential future leaders, senior managers or business critical positions. Approaches differ: some companies seek to identify potential by assessing young graduates to identify future leadership potential. Others recognise that people grow and develop according to their abilities and the opportunities which arise. This AZTech training course addresses best practice approaches to succession planning and the challenges organisations face: from identifying future potential, to planning processes, talent pools and relationships between HR and senior management. Join us to learn how to address this critical process.
This training course will feature:
- Understand the importance of succession planning
- The link between business and people plans
- How to develop and manage a talent pool
- Retaining key staff and nurturing talent
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your succession processes
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how the HR cycle contributes to achieving business objectives
- Carry out current and future needs assessments
- Manage and develop a talent pool
- Understand the importance of managing performance and providing feedback
- Identify the most effective leadership development approaches
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior managers responsible for executive succession plans
- Middle managers identifying leadership potential amongst their staff
- HR professionals developing succession plans
- HR professionals in learning & development roles
- Younger professionals with leadership aspirations
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a mix of interactive discussions, group exercises, presentations and case studies to engage with delegates and encourage active participation.
The Course Content
Day One: What is Succession Planning?
- Elements of business strategy
- Our people are our most important asset
- The employment context
- The HR cycles
- Recruitment and Retention
- Who is Responsible for succession planning?
Day Two: People Plans and Business Plans
- Identifying Critical Roles & Responsibilities
- Current and future needs
- Creating a talent pool
- Conducting Talent Reviews
- Assessing Skills, Knowledge & Attitudes
- Developing Motivation and Engagement
Day Three: Talent Management
- The ‘Ideal Leader’
- Defining leadership potential
- Conducting Talent Reviews
- Developing talented personnel
- Retaining talent
- Success of talent programmes
Day Four: The Process of Nurturing Talent
- Effective performance management
- The importance of feedback in nurturing talent
- Tailoring development to individual needs
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Is the organisation’s talent development approach working?
- Measuring ROI
Day Five: Challenges of Succession Planning
- Unplanned succession challenges
- Realistic people planning
- Setting and managing career expectations
- Creating an ‘engaged’ workforce
- Impact of organisational structures on people development opportunities
- Course Review and Personal Planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.