Why Choose this Training Course?
This training course will provide professionals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to manage and lead teams and organisations before, during, and after a crisis or emergency. All leaders are sooner or later confronted with the need to lead and manage their team or organisation during a crisis or emergency. The leadership skills and competencies that are required in these demanding circumstances are much more challenging of the leader than normal everyday leadership.
Our case-studies will examine recent Crisis and Emergencies which necessitated leaders to make rapid decisions, many times without all the relevant up to date information, while accepting significant risk in order to achieve a favourable outcome for themselves, their team, their organisation and all stakeholders. Do not miss this opportunity, are you fully prepared?
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Exercising leadership under emergency and crisis situations
- Assessing, prioritizing risks and threats before, during, and after a crisis
- Making decisions quickly and efficiently and knowing when and how to involve others and to delegate effectively
- Communicating and collaborating with legal and government authorities, media, and other agencies and organisations
- Conducting emergency and crisis management operations
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand individual and collective psychology and organisational dynamics in crises and emergencies
- Analyse and make rational decisions in before, during and after crises and emergencies
- Lead teams and organisations in crises and emergencies
- Solve problems and manage crises and emergencies
- Understand and apply ethical factors in crisis and emergency leadership
Who is this Training Course for?
Executives, Managers and Supervisors who must build and lead dynamic and high performing teams and organisations in risky situations with a high probability of crises or emergencies are encouraged to attend to this course.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Line managers, team leaders and supervisors in organisations of all sizes
- Emergency & Crisis Management professionals in the public & private sectors
- HSE, Fire & Security Professionals
- Project and programme management professionals
- Professionals in health care, public safety, and government agencies
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, videos, self-tests, all with an emphasis on delegate involvement throughout.
The Course Content
Day One: Psychology and Dynamics of Crises and Emergencies
- The nature of crises and emergencies
- Individual psychology under crisis and emergency conditions
- Collective psychology under crisis and emergency conditions
- Evolution and dynamics of crises and emergencies
- Crises and emergencies don’t just work 8 hour days
- Tasks of leaders before, during, and after a crisis or emergency
Day Two: Rational Decision-Making in Crises and Emergencies
- Instinct, intuition, and reason
- Rational decision-making processes
- Individual and collective Decision-Making
- Psychology & human behaviour, solutions to improve your Decision Making
- Delegation through mission-based leadership
- Structured hierarchical planning and operations
Day Three: Leading Teams and Organizations
- Roles and responsibilities of leaders in crises and emergencies
- Crisis/emergency management organization
- Creating effective and efficient teams through rapid teambuilding
- Creating effective and efficient interagency cooperation and collaboration
- Organizational & team dynamics: morale, cohesion, mood, unity of purpose
- Principles of operational command and leadership
Day Four: Solving the Problem: Managing the Crisis or Emergency
- Seeking cause & effect to solve problems, not blame or responsibility
- Creating and running a crisis/emergency Command Centre
- Elements of risk management: prevention, response, containment & recovery
- Principles of business continuity and crisis operations
- Information gathering and situational awareness
- Operational rhythm, routines, and information management
Day Five: Ethical Factors in Crisis and Emergency Leadership
- Caring for subordinates and their families
- The leader's self-care
- Responsibilities to authorities, the public and/or victims
- Managing and leveraging Social Media
- After-action review and lessons learned processes
- Preparing for the next crisis or emergency
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course