Organisations have adopted excellent incident/accident investigation and analysis techniques. It is a basic function of the HSE Management System to locate and define the root causes that allow incident/accidents to occur. Competence in the application of modern incident/accident investigation tools will assist organisations to learn and to prevent the recurrence of incident/accidents and, to evaluate the extent and location of management and operational system defects (root-causes), which contributed to the incident/accident occurring. A good analytical incident/accident investigation process is invaluable to achieve continuous improvement in an organization's HSE performance.
This intensive five-day seminar will enable you to:
- Define the potential hazardous event s
- Understand incident/accident investigation and causation techniques
- Define all incident/accident investigation and analysis stages
- Carry out Initial actions in response to incident/accidents
- Gather evidence and data relevant to the incident/accident investigation
At the end of the seminar, the delegates should be able to:
- Explain incident/accidents/accidents and their relationship to hazardous events
- Explain the causes of incident/accidents/accidents using investigative causation models
- Carry out initial actions following an incident/accident/accident on site and collect factual evidence
- Detail the methods for effective evidence gathering and preservation
- Lead Incident/accident Investigation Team
The seminar is intended for all professionals with roles and responsibilities for safety in the workplace. In addition, all safety professionals or risk professionals need to have a full understanding of the modern tools available to be competent in incident/accident investigations.
The seminar is based on a balanced combination of topic discussions, video presentation and workshop sessions supported by real incident/accident' reports and video/photo evidence.
This programme is designed to prepare attendees to become Incident/accident Investigation Team leaders.
Proper incident/accident/accident investigation can provide a powerful mechanism for improving business performance.
The Course Content
Framework for Incident/accident Investigations
- Course Introduction and Structure
- Incident/accident investigation and the blame culture
- The Relationship between 'Accidents' and 'Incident/accidents'
- Human error and contribution to incident/accidents
- The link between reactive and pro-active risk management
- Framework for Incident/accident Investigation and Analysis
- Management systems (latent) failures and root causes of Incident/accidents
Incident/accident Investigation & Causation Factors
- Why and who should investigate?
- The role of the 'Organisation' in incident/accident causation and effects.
- Establishing 'no blame' investigation culture
- Human error and incident/accident causation
- Witnesses interview techniques
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Incident/accident Investigation Process
- The principle stages of an incident/accident Investigation
- Planning the investigation of an incident/accident
- How to manage investigator bias and pre-mind-set opinions
- Introduction of advanced incident/accident investigation tools
- Fault Tree Analysis as an incident/accident investigation and analysis tool
- Root Cause Analysis tool to identify root-causes of incident/accidents
Causation Factor & Group Case Studies
- Introduction to direct and indirect causation factors
- Application of consequence analysis to understand potential hazardous events
- Case study on conducting incident/accident investigation
- Case study on Writing an Incident/accident Report
- When an how to use different types of incident/accident investigation techniques and tools
Planning and Implementing
- The role of Incident/accident investigation Team and Team Leader
- Analysis of the consequences- gathering evidence
- Analysing potential fire, explosion and toxic release events
- Preparation of incident/accident reports, conclusions and recommendations
- The use of incident/accident investigation as a Audit tool
- Discussion and course review
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.