Why Choose this Training Course?
Do you want your writing skills to get you noticed and your work admired? This intensive 5-day training course is about effective communications skills essential for organisational and personal success. It provides a superb opportunity for professionals to take those skills to a higher level. There is a wealth of practical guidance on improving the effectiveness of various forms of written communication. This training course will present how writing and presentation skills can work in tandem to achieve results.
If you want your reports, memos, letters and e-mail to be read with interest and acted upon and if you want to be able to present your ideas with impact and effectiveness, this is the right training course for you.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to adapt your writing to your audience's needs
- Proven ways to improve the effectiveness of various forms of written communication
- Presentation skills to persuade even the most hostile audience
- Power language to improve persuasiveness and impact
- How to convey a credible message and create concise messages using a structured writing process
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Improve the effectiveness of your reports, proposals, emails, letters and other communication
- Develop more efficient writing processes, improving project and time management
- Meet the needs of your readerships/audiences enabling them achieve their own objectives
- Develop your presentational skills and the techniques to enhance impact and effectiveness
- Deploy the right techniques, tools and skills for a wide variety of communications challenges
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals who would like to improve their business communication skills but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who have greater communications responsibilities in their evolving roles or who are finding new communications challenges in their careers
- Individuals reporting up to senior executives or the board and want to shine
- Supervisors/Managers/Department Heads with new communication challenges in their careers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course uses a wide variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure effective assimilation and retention of the information presented. The training course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their own thinking and communication style and practice. The Tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide variety of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and group and individual exercises to focus on the themes of the training course, practice skills and receive feedback.
The Course Content
Day One: Improving Business Communication
- Barriers and pitfalls of business communication
- Differences between written and spoken communication and their implications
- Managing e-mails to be noticed
- Writing effective business letters
- Writing professional agendas and minutes
- Writing instructions and guidelines
Day Two: What Makes an Effective Report?
- Characteristics of an effective report
- Understanding the readers’ needs
- Generating ideas – Mind mapping and brain storming
- Selecting and structuring the content – logical sequencing
- Sources of information and research techniques
- Great beginnings and neat endings
Day Three: The Writing Process
- Managing your time and priorities
- Sentences, paragraphs and readability
- Critical reading and managing comments
- Proofreading, grammar and punctuation
- Tables, diagrams, figures and graphs
- The executive summary
Day Four: Presentation Skills
- Characteristics of effective presentations
- Preparing a persuasive business presentation
- The pillars of effective presentations
- Structuring the presentation and making a case
- Positive body language
- Using visuals effectively
Day Five: Making a Case & Influencing Skills
- Choosing words for maximum impact
- Handling questions from your audience
- Team presentations to convince critics
- Supporting presentations with written documentation
- Making a persuasive business case
- Influencing Skills and getting support
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course.