Why Choose this Training Course?
Diversity and inclusion have positively permeated the world of business. As the world moves ahead, the workplace will evolve — not just in terms of technological revolution, but also in terms of the composition of the workforce.
The benefits of diversity and inclusion have evolved from that of compliance, to that of strategy that can be leveraged upon. This is evidenced by High Performing Organizations that champion diversity and inclusivity and are concurrently rewarded by the ethical growth of their employer value proposition (EVP). The critical importance placed on workplace diversity and inclusion primarily results from the recognition that improved diversity can result in increased creativity and innovation, which increases performance.
This definitive workshop builds the business case and establishes the key process to define a diverse and inclusive workplace via global benchmarks and best practices.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding Diversity and Inclusivity
- Building a business case for Diversity
- Communicating the benefits of Diversity
- Identifying role-model behaviors and language
- Creating a Culture of Inclusion
- Developing diversity focused supervisors and employees
- Linking Diversity strategies to the long-term success of an organization
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Become an inclusive catalyst that drives change within the workplace
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to implement Diversity and Inclusivity
- Develop practical strategies to enhance a balanced and harmonious workplace
- Develop positive and inclusive behaviors and language
- Develop a sustainable Action Plan to ensure continued success
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is applicable to any person actively involved or considering developing a structured and comprehensive approach to implementing the Diversity Initiative via clear identification of business need, strategic process, culture analysis, behavioural change and sustainability. This Intermediate level course will greatly benefit those who are focused on developing the business case for this critical resolve for the sustained growth and success of the organization.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Diversity Managers
- Human Resource Directors
- Human Resource Employee Relations Professionals
- Employee Engagement Professionals
- Business Owners
- Any other individual who plays a contributing role within the culture of their organization
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes interactive presentations and discussions, role plays, simulations and videos to stimulate thinking and enhance learning.
The Course Content
Day One: Building the Foundation of Diversity and Inclusion
- Understand what Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are and why they are critical to mission accomplishment
- Diversity and Globalization
- Benefits of Diversity
- The Business Case for D&I
- Assessing Organizational Gaps in meeting D&I goals
- Costs and Challenges of Diversity
Day Two: The Diversity Strategy
- Planning for Success
- Defining the D&I Strategy
- The Key Steps of the D&I Strategic Process
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Evolution and Integration
Day Three: Impact of Behaviours and Language
- Explore unconscious biases and how behaviors are manifested from these preferences
- Understand the Language of diversity to be more inclusive with communication and behaviors
- Define inclusive and non-inclusive language
- Activating workplace scenarios to develop judgment around the appropriate language used to improve the workplace environment
- Resolving Conflict in a Diverse Workforce
- Communicating Across the Generation Gaps
Day Four: Creating a Culture of Inclusion
- Organizational Culture and Context
- Defining and Creating a Culture of Inclusion
- Aspects of Organizational Change – Policies, Individual and Managerial
- Individual Attitudes/Behaviors
- Managerial Skills and Practices
- Policies and Procedures to Promote Diversity
Day Five: Sustaining Diversity
- Assessing ‘What’s Next’?
- Sustainability of the Diversity Initiative
- Measurements and Monitoring
- Inclusive Mentoring and Coaching
- Action Planning for Results
- Key Summary and Review
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.