Why Choose this Training Course?
Marketing is the glue that holds and organisation together, gives it understanding of what customers want, what they value and are willing to pay for. As the marketplace and customer needs change, marketing helps the rest of the organisation understand how to change.
Strategic marketing is the overarching framework that knits marketing activities to the wider business needs, at the same time helping operational teams become customer centric. It provides deep understanding of customers and how to serve them.
Over our five days together participants, this Developing & Implementing Strategic Marketing Plans training course will develop understanding of how to create a strategic marketing plan; returning to their desks with the outline of a plan tailored to their organisation.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- A wide range of models, techniques, tools and tips
- How to apply theory in practice when developing marketing strategy
- A process for creating a strategic marketing plan that has input from across the organisation and wins support from key teams and executives
- Delegates working through the key steps to develop their own strategic marketing plan.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify, collect and analyse external and internal business data to identify issues, key factors fur success and distinctive capabilities
- Use the data, make assumptions and recommend which products and services their organisation should provide to existing and potential markets
- Identify, segment and prioritise existing and potential audiences based on business objectives
- Quantify marketing objectives for revenues, profits, sales volumes, market share and brand reputation
- Develop a portfolio matrix for the 4 P’s – product, price, place, promotion – that will create the framework for marketing activities
- Select the best evaluation mechanisms for proving marketing activities are delivering business objectives
Who is this Training Course for?
This advanced level professional course is for marketing practitioners and business leaders responsible for developing strategic marketing plans, including
- Chief Marketing Officers, Marketing Directors, Marketing Vice Presidents
- Heads of Product Management, Product Development, Research & Analysis, Planning, Programmes & Campaigns, Public Relations, Brand Management, Public Affairs, Advertising, Community Relations, Media Relations, Distribution, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Business Growth Directors, Customer Experience Directors, Sales Directors, Business Strategy Directors, Finance Directors, HR Directors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training course applies theory to the practical situations’ participants find themselves in. We share a wide range of models and techniques that work in practice, applying them to a case study and participants’ own organisations. Participants are encouraged to bring their own company specific issues to work with.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Marketing Planning
- The core marketing concepts
- 4 P’s of the marketing mix: product, price, promotion, place
- Useful frameworks for creating a marketing strategic plan
- Setting strategic marketing goals: linking to corporate vision, mission & business objectives
Day Two: Situation Review – Analysing the Current Situation
- Different models for conducting a marketing audit
- Collating customer and product data
- Using a SWOT to identify key internal & external factors
- Making assumptions based on the SWOT analysis
- Determining demand for your products and services
- Agreeing expected results
Day Three: Formulating Strategy
- The 4 competitive strategic positions
- Ansoff’s Matrix: setting strategic marketing objectives
- Understanding what motivates audiences
- The market segmentation process
- Creating buyer personas for key market segments
- The marketing control process: forecasting, budgeting & monitoring
Day Four: 4 P’s – Executing Marketing Tactics
- Developing new products and services
- Managing the product life cycle
- Product mix decisions: families, lines and brands
- Pricing mix decisions: costs, demand, methods
- Promotion mix decisions: advertising, promotions, PR & selling
- Place mix decisions: push vs pull, channels length & type
Day Five: Delivering the Marketing Strategy
- Co-opting a team representing key areas of the business to input to the strategy
- Running workshops to ensure the marketing strategy captures experiences and concerns of stakeholders
- Drafting the document: number of pages and their content
- Anticipating office politics: winning support up and down the organisation
- Action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course