Why Choose this Training Course?
This Designing & Implementing Competency Frameworks and Assessment Tools training course delivers in-depth content covering the design, implementation and application of Competency Frameworks to identify, train, develop and improve the return on investment achieved through the human resource. With the Human Capital being one of the most expensive budget items, the organisations with the ability to maximize potential and talent will deliver higher profitability and greater investment. The presence of Gen Z and Millennials in the workforce is raising the stakes for clear and accurate assessment of potential and the need for organizations to demonstrate opportunities for career progression to genuinely talented individuals.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding competence
- Defining the values of organisations and their links to competencies
- Identifying role-model behaviours
- Communicating the commercial benefit
- Capturing and collating competency evidence
- Linking strategies to long term talent management
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of Competency Based Frameworks and their uses
- Show how the assessments play a part in helping their organization perform at a higher level
- Determine characteristics valued by their organisation
- Develop a framework aligned with the vision, mission and corporate objectives of the organisation
- Engage with management upon return to work to drive the process
- Pilot and then launch a competency-based framework and corresponding metrics
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is applicable to any person actively involved or considering developing a structured approach to managing the return on investment of the human capital via clear identification of criteria, objective measures, assessment and reporting.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Human Resource Managers and Directors
- Learning and Development Professionals
- Organisational Development Professionals
- Business Consultants
- Operation Managers/Process Managers
- Middle Managers and Team Leaders involved in team development
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes tutor facilitation, direct input, delegate discussions, case studies, scenarios, reviews, interactive exercises and video.
The Course Content
Day One: The Role of Competency Frameworks
- What are competencies?
- What they are intended to do?
- Why the competency approach is needed
- Defining organisational competencies with business goals
- Links to Vision, Mission, Culture and Corporate Objectives
Day Two: Developing Competency-Based Frameworks
- Working with Stakeholders
- Communicating the intent
- Launching the project
- Securing employee buy-in
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Legal considerations
Day Three: Core Competencies and Criteria
- Converting the ‘what’ into the ‘how’
- Examining successful skills
- Identifying Core or generic competencies
- Defining competency evidence
- Agreeing organisation norms
- Reaching management standards and consensus
Day Four: Assessment Tools – Design, Usage and Data Capture
- Designing Scales and weighting
- Observation and feedback methods
- Evidence-based assessment
- Automating the collection and measurement process
- Job Mapping - creating model profiles
- Appeals and disputes process
Day Five: Putting Competency Frameworks to use
- Analysis and Reporting of results
- Identifying weaknesses and potential competency gaps
- Talent identification
- Integrating with other HR processes
- Using competency evidence for organisational review
- Demonstrating ROI
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.