Why Choose this Training Course?
This Consultancy Skills for Auditors training course is designed to assist the auditors in discovering consulting skills that enhance internal audit’s value. The participants will also be able to undertake consultancy work further by adding Internal Audit’s knowledge based on risk management, controls, governance processes and activities which contributes to the overall internal audit opinion.
This highly interactive Consultancy Skills for Auditors AZTech training course brings together the assurance & consulting skills designed to help you master key consulting skills and tailor consulting outcomes to improve your audit environment and an organization’s operations.
These skills will be developed through group exercises, case studies and other activities relevant to your organization.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Issues facing auditors and organizations as they seek to support management in their work
- Required skills to manage the balance between being an internal auditor and a consultant
- The best practices guidance in the consultancy role of internal audit
- Knowledge and Skills Development to ensure tangible benefits for your organization
What are the Goals?
This AZTech training course will cover the important skills that will help you to become an effective consultant and will provide auditors with an understanding of the necessary consulting skills to enhance internal audit function.
At the end of this Aztech training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the consultant responsibilities & services and how to be creative and to demonstrate how it can add value.
- Discover skills to provide consultancy services as well as assurance services and learn how to use core skills to both an auditor and a consultant
- Enhance skills in internal auditing and risk management, governance and compliance (GRC Model)
- Learn how to develop a gap analysis in identifying where you already have a strong skills base and where you might need to strengthen them
- Use some of the tools and techniques commonly used by consultants in these areas
- Identify and practice facilitation skills and issues in your own environment
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is open to all and will be useful to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals:
- Auditors / Auditing Managers
- Accounting Executives / Managers
- Financial Reporting Managers
- Financial Executives / Managers / Controllers
- Budgeting Officers / Executives / Managers
- Business / Investment Analysts & Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Officers
- Commercial Analysts, Executives & Managers
How will this be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training methodology includes case studies, group discussion, group work and interactive exercises and videos, pre & post course assessments will also be given to enhance learning outcomes for participants and to measure the effectiveness of this training. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the training course.
The Course Content
Day One: The Traditional Role of the Internal Auditor
- The definition of internal auditing
- The Concept of internal audit
- The roles & procedures within the internal audit department
- Preserving independence and objectivity
- Audit preparation and planning to ensure an effective audit
- The skills of auditors
Day Two: The Consulting Activities of Internal Auditing
- The key consulting activities in an organization
- The role of consulting in internal auditing
- The link between audit committee requirements & consulting services
- Strengthening organizational governance
- Creating the compliance framework
- Developing and improving risk management
Day Three: The Consulting Engagement and Skills
- The key phases of a consultancy engagement
- Assessment of the consulting skills
- Developing and presenting ideas and solutions
- Writing skills and effectively communicating results
- The importance of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrating professional competency
Day Four: Consulting Tools and Techniques in an Organization
- Identifying the tools and techniques of consulting
- Understanding the need to listen and writing reports for consulting
- Developing and managing the client satisfaction
- Process benchmarking and gap analysis
- Managing the “politics issues” and how to deal with
- Managing & setting polices of conflict of interest
Day Five: Effective Consultancy in Organization
- Enhancing the capabilities of problem-solving skills
- Implementing on going assurance
- Developing fraud awareness workshop
- Strengthening the ethics & code of conduct programme
- Assessment business development opportunities
- Taking advantages of hidden opportunities
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course