Why Choose this Training Course?
The Competency-Based Organizational Management training course is designed to equip you with critical skills to use competencies that deliver objective and evidence-based results in terms of optimized productivity. Competencies are derived from proven exemplary performance behaviours which in turn define highly desired behaviours that create successful results. These behaviours can be used proactively in the entire spectrum of talent management – from selection, assessment, talent management and retention, performance management employee development, succession planning and career management.
Utilizing qualitative and quantitative measurements, be able to prove competency-based decisions throughout the organization for sustainable results. Thereafter, design competency-based key processes in your organization by applying the competency framework to key people related functions, ensuring that the right people are in the right jobs at the right time, and are suitably developed, motivated and retained in the most effective manner.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Core techniques to build key competency-based practices that enable corporate goals
- Improvements to key processes for talent and productivity management
- Systematic approach for competencies to deliver value to the organization
- Critical Techniques for motivating, empowering and retaining talent
- Build the definitive business case by linking competencies with proven results
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the distinction between competencies, skills and tasks
- Apply competencies in an organizational context
- Differentiate between Leadership, Core, Functional and Generic competencies
- Link competencies to achieving corporate goals, objectives and values
- Use competencies for a range of people related processes
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit varied groups of delegates including those with Managerial or Supervisory responsibility and HR professionals and this includes:
- Those who want to learn the skills involved in improving productivity or improving behaviour at work
- Those who are responsible for managing or supervising any type of person, group or team
- HR, Performance Management and Learning & Development professionals who are responsible for the design and delivery of competency-based HR and people related programs
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a range of interactive activities - group and individual exercises, case studies and discussions.
There will also be presentations from and facilitated discussions with the course leader who is an HR professional and has significant years of experience of designing and using competencies in a range of applications. Each day will end with each delegate reflecting on the messages from the day and completing a summary of what has been learned that day and how the learning will be transferred back to the workplace.
The Course Content
Day One: Building the Business Case for Competency Management
- Understanding Competencies in the Organizational Context
- Major Benefits of Competency Management
- Assessment of Competency Management Readiness
- Defining the roles for Senior Management, Managers and HR
- Developing the Competency Project via the DDIR
- Alignment of Corporate Goals with Leadership, Core, Functional and Generic Competencies
Day Two: Designing the Competency Project
- Introducing the DDIR Approach to the Competency Project
- The 4-step approach (DDIR) Checklist
- Adapting a competency framework for use in the value chain of core people related activities
- Defining and linking Competencies for Talent Management parameters
- Defining Core People and HR Activities for Competency Implementation
- Establishing Qualitative and Quantitative Measurements
Day Three: Alignment of Competencies
- Application of Competencies in Recruitment and Selection
- Linking Performance with results – via Behavioural Based Reviews (BBI)
- Defining Competencies for Performance management
- Competencies within the performance management process
- Competency based approach with the Continuous Performance Feedback cycle
- Defining Ratings and Measurements that matter for proven results
Day Four: Talent and Career Management
- The business case for a competency-based approach for Talent Management
- Using Competency Based Assessment Centres for Talent Identification
- Career Management and Succession Planning
- Building effective competency-based Learning and Development frameworks
- Linkages between Motivation, Performance and Results
- ROI from the Competency Framework in core implementations
Day Five: Action Planning for Success
- Review of the Competency Management resolve
- Defining advanced applications of the Competency Framework
- Addressing Challenges with a committed Action Plan for Success
- Creating an effective Communication and Implementation Strategy
- Evaluating the ‘What’s Next’ protocol for sustainability
- Review of Learning and Personal Action Planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Recertification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.