Why Choose this Training Course?
This Communication Skills training course is designed to provide participants with a masterclass on leadership communication in the digital age. All leaders need to understand e-communication; this includes communication that uses electronic media to transmit the information or message using video conferencing, online meetings, Email, apps, instant messaging, social media, blogs, corporate websites, and other forms of electronic communication.
Leaders also need to understand the dangers and limitations of new ways of communicating, such as social media and the 24-hour news cycle. In this very hands-on course, participants will learn practical skills that can readily be applied to their work environment and help them achieve their personal, team, and organisational goals. Delegates will develop the necessary skills to communicate successfully with all stakeholders.
This training course will feature:
- Removing the main barriers to effective communication
- The latest neuro-scientific and brain research into communication
- How to improve your skills in e-communication, including video conferencing, online meetings, Email, apps, and instant messaging
- How to differentiate between fact and fiction about communication
- How to communicate with a clear purpose and ensure audience-focus
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Describe ways to remove barriers to effective communication
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of digital communication
- Assess the latest research on how to make digital communication effective
- Differentiate between fact and fiction about digital communication
- List ways to personally improve communication competencies
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All leaders, Supervisors, Team Leads, and Managers
- Human Resource Staff
- Public Relations Professionals
- Marketing Personnel
- Anyone who needs to improve their communication skills
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise various proven online adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion. Engaging, practical exercises, games and activities will be used throughout the training.
The Course Content
Day One – Understanding the Psychology of Communication
- The psychology of communication
- Different ways to communicate electronically and in-person
- The dangers of digital communication
- Communication barriers and how to overcome them
- Restricting PowerPoint to enhance communication
Day Two – Improving e-Communication
- Recognising e-communication advantages and disadvantages
- Online meetings – avoiding “Zoom Fatigue.”
- Instant messaging, podcasts, and blogs
- Corporate websites – are they still relevant?
- e-Communication barriers and how to overcome them
Day Three –Neuro-scientific and Brain Research into Communication
- Communication starts with the eyes
- Neuro-scientific communication – the role of the brain image
- Our brain cannot cope with too much information
- Multi-tasking – does it work?
- The impact of emotions on behaviour
Day Four – The Science of Communication
- Communicating across cultures – the science
- Communication is not all about body language
- Turning off your smartphone can make you work better
- Why do people troll and what to do about it?
- The latest exciting brain studies
Day Five – Becoming a Master Communicator
- Using big words does not make you look smarter
- Understanding other generations (Boomer, X, Millennial, & Z)
- Communication across generations
- Avoiding ‘groupthink’ in decision making
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course