Why Choose this Training Course?
This Certified Negotiator training course will enhance delegates’ ability to negotiate effectively - a critical competency for internal and external business negotiations. It will equip them with a detailed understanding of the negotiation process and an appreciation of the elements of planning a strategy to achieve workable solutions and success.
This AZTech training course covers the key stages of negotiation, considers how disputes arise, and provides delegates with the skills to follow a structured process to achieve results. The delegates will be introduced to different negotiation styles, tactics and at the same time learn how to recognise and counter them effectively.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The key stages and terms used when describing the negotiation process
- Planning strategically for negotiation
- Power and communication models used in negotiation
- The importance of influencing skills and team dynamics when negotiating
- Responding effectively to harsh and aggressive tactics
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the significance of planning and objective setting
- Understand how to use interpersonal skills effectively during a negotiation
- Describe how to achieve ‘win-win’ outcomes within the bargaining process
- Identify the causes of disagreements & disputes and prevent escalation
- Describe the use of strategies to resolve the causes of disputes
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Personnel from a wide range of ‘results based’ business disciplines
- Company representatives who are engaged in national and international negotiations
- Departmental heads with the responsibility to drive change through collaboration
- Those who have a current or planned negotiation with internal as well as external “suppliers or customers”
- Delegates with experience of negotiating but want to improve their results
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This includes highly interactive tutor-led group discussions, syndicated exercises, case studies and role playing in a realistic dispute resolution scenario. A formal framework is built around the delegates' current knowledge and they are encouraged to re-discover and share their knowledge and experiences. Delegates will be encouraged to develop both their negotiation and communication skills to increase the value for money provided to their employer.
There will be an opportunity for delegates to carry out a self-assessment of their skills in key areas of negotiation including team negotiations.
The Course Content
Day One: Finding a Collaborative Position When Aiming for Agreement
- The basis of a negotiated settlement
- Disputes and the need for resolution
- The place of negotiation in the contractual resolution process
- Distributive and integrative approach to negotiations
- Emotion, understanding and perceptions
- Ethics and the impact on the negotiation process
Day Two: Strategic Approaches to Negotiating Required Outcomes
- Preparation and goal setting to maintain focus
- The key stages in planning a negotiation
- Information needs and sources of negotiation power
- Taking positions during the negotiation process
- Drafting your proposal which will open the discussion
- The discussion and importance of timing when closing deals
Day Three: Negotiation Relationships and Team Dynamics
- Non-verbal communication and the interpretation of body language
- Communication skill models used in negotiation
- Proposals, influence and persuasion
- Establishing commitment
- Building the negotiating team
- Managing multi-party negotiations
Day Four: The Impact of Culture on the Negotiation Process
- Interests, positions and escalation
- Why are international negotiations different?
- The influence of cultural on negotiation
- Stakeholder power behind the interests in negotiation
- Ploys and tactics and how to respond effectively
- Negotiation best practice
Day Five: Resolving Differences and Difficult Situations
- The negotiator as a mediator in the process
- Handling difficult negotiators
- Negotiation case study
- Team allocation and simulation exercise
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Negotiating
- Improving what we do - action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course