Why Choose this Training Course?
Do you face the challenge of having to create tomorrow’s organisation out of today’s organisation against a background of rapid change – in markets, technology, business processes and risky business conditions?
This Certificate in Strategic Enterprise Analysis and Consulting Skills training course has been specially designed to develop a new type of manager in the critical competences of business analysis and effective consultancy in priority activities that will enable an organisation to achieve, sustain and enhance competitive advantage and profitable growth. The course is both an intensive introduction to leading-edge techniques of business analysis and also an updating mechanism for advancing the practical skills that are required in strategic consultancy – either as an internal specialist within your current organisation or an independent external consultant.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Structured frameworks for organisational analysis
- Identifying and evaluating the potential of new opportunities
- Discussion and extension of personal experience in these subjects
- Developing a persuasive consulting style
- Case examples and case studies that apply the new learning
What are the Goals?
The overall challenge for participants in this AZTech training course is to enhance the analytical skills of experienced managers and specialists and to provide the essential additional skills to enable them to perform effectively as internal or external consultants.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Analyse the future potential of your organisation’s current business
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for profitable growth
- Build strategic planning teams and produce plans that get implemented
- Advise, motivate and engage colleagues or clients to gain their commitment and support
- Introduce and lead the implementation of innovative plans
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is aimed all managers and specialists who are engaged in analysing new opportunities and getting them implemented effectively. Therefore, the course is suitable for a very wide range of leaders, managers and advisors, but will greatly benefit:
- Strategic planners who wish to learn leading-edge tools and techniques
- Marketing specialists who now need to take a broader view of the business
- Operations managers who have an interest in a general management role
- Experienced finance specialists and investment analysts
- Human resource managers responsible for introducing change
- Scientific and technical specialists interested in strategic planning
- Supply chain, logistics and business process managers
- High-potential staff who need a rapid introduction to strategic management
How will this be Presented?
This AZTech training will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. It is based on leading-edge adult learning techniques. These include: Presentations by the course leader, including discussion of case examples, group work on case studies based on analysis, interaction and discussion, DVD presentations by subject experts on aspects of these 2 subjects, simulation of actual consulting situations and relationships, and decision analysis in different strategic and competitive conditions.
The emphasis will be on studying real organisations making major strategic decisions. Above all, the principles and approaches to strategic enterprise analysis and consulting will be illustrated by reference to real-life situations in which the course leader has been personally involved.
The Course Content
Day One: Theme – Strategic Enterprise Analysis (1)
- What is strategic management and why is it important?
- The main tools and techniques of strategic analysis
- Analysis of the business environment
- Identifying the main structural forces in a business
- Linkage and alignment of strategic with operational management
- Case study to develop the above topics
Day Two: Theme – Strategic Enterprise Analysis (2)
- Assessing the attractiveness of our chosen business activity
- Projecting the main development trends
- Evaluating our performance in our chosen business activity
- Planning in balance with our line of sight
- Designing and implementing a strategic plan for profitable growth
- Case example or case study on the above topics
Day Three: Theme – Developing Consulting Skills (1)
- Defining the role and relationship with an internal or external client
- Scoping a project – the start of a relationship
- Proposing and negotiating a consulting contract
- Selecting internal and external members of the team
- Managing client expectations
- Case example or case study
Day Four: Theme – Developing Consulting Skills (2)
- Achieving a successful project launch
- Managing and controlling a consulting project
- Coping with variance and divergence in implementing the project
- Dealing with internal and external project management problems
- Effective reporting and presentation
- Case example or case study
Day Five: Theme – Consulting Activities that Get Results
- The importance of team balance – internal and external
- Ensuring effective knowledge transfer to the client
- Case example for discussion – a problem project
- Case example for discussion – a successful project
- Impact evaluation of projects in analysis and consulting
- Personal action plan to develop enterprise analysis and consulting skills
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course