Why Choose this Training Course?
This course explores the process of identifying, selection and negotiating with the suppliers that will help your organisation to be successful. No organisation can be successful without appointing the best suppliers, and ensuring that contractual agreements maximise value for money. By applying the right processes for selecting suppliers, costs will be controlled, quality will improve and organisational efficiency will increase.
Suppliers will seek to optimise their return and need to be engaged in a way that ensures an appropriate relationship for the short and long term. Having the right knowledge and skills in tendering, procurement and negotiation is essential for any organisation to be successful, and requires appropriate planning and preparation rather than luck and optimism.
This course will feature:
- Selecting the right procurement strategy
- Developing tenders and producing tender evaluation criteria
- Analysing competitive bidding processes
- Practicing negotiation skills
- Administration of the procurement and tender process
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss elements of a good procurement process
- Develop methods of contractor performance measurement
- Learn methods of tender evaluation
- Review contract strategies
- Improve procurement and negotiation skills
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts, Purchasing, and Project Personnel
- Procurement Personnel who are responsible for negotiations
- All others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders and specifications that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their current practices and goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide range of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and exercises in groups and pairs.
The Course Content
Day One: How Tendering and Procurement Aligns with the Organisation Strategy
- Influence of the external environment
- Adapting to new business models
- Critical supply strategies
- Transforming the Supplier relationship
- The Procurement cycle
Day Two: The Tendering Process
- Elements of a good procurement process
- Selecting the right contracting strategy
- Stages in the tendering process
- Developing tender evaluation criteria
- Negotiating with short-listed suppliers
- How can we be sure we are obtaining a good price?
Day Three: Advanced Procurement Skills
- Transforming the supplier relationship
- Defining the organization’s mission in supplier relationships
- How to be a good customer
- Differentiating between SRM and collaboration
- Optimising the supply base
Day Four: The Negotiation Process
- Avoiding confrontational negotiations
- Communication techniques
- New techniques in influencing
- Understanding the other negotiator’s power
- Negotiating pressure points and countermeasures
Day Five: Implementing Improvements in the Organisation
- Attract and retain procurement management talent
- Producing a realistic personal action plan for improvement
- Business continuity and contingency planning for procurement
- What is Activity-Based Costing
- Ways that procurement can improve finances