Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly participative and comprehensive Agency Banking training course will help you to understand the benefits of agency banking, especially in an emerging economy context and the practical implementation of the principles in order to unlock the benefit of the model.
Agency banking is defined as the process where a private entity has been contracted by a commercial bank, subject to specific legislation, to provide specific services on behalf of the bank. This entity shall be equipped with the skills necessary to provide basic banking services according to standards set by the bank. This will provide the opportunity to access financial products and services at a location nearest to the customer, thus breaking down certain barriers to financial inclusion such as cost and accessibility.
This Agency Banking training course seeks to provide you with skills such as organizational risk assessment, formulation and implementation of well-designed controls, establishment of relations with agents, defining financial policies and a practical know-how in order to capitalize on the benefits of agency banking, thus enhancing stakeholder value.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An overview of Agency banking and the benefits thereof
- An in depth look at the control environment and implementation of controls
- Analysis of the various risks impacting agency banking
- Practical guidelines for working with agents
- Tools to account for transactions and integrate with financial reporting
- The development of a roadmap for implementation of an agency banking model
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, delegates will be able to:
- Define an agency banking model that is practical to implement
- Identify risks and assess the impact thereof
- Define and implement appropriate controls for mitigation of risks
- Develop an internal financial model to be incorporated by accountants
- Perform reconciliation of agency transactions
- Draft a roadmap for integration and implementation of agency banking model
Who is this Training Course For?
This AZTech training course is designed for those that have a practical knowledge of the banking sector, who have been involved in their organization’s financial management or who wish to broaden their professional technical skills, specifically in the banking industry:
- Accountants who wish to understand the scope of agency banking
- Financial managers who wish to gain a better understanding for the strategic implementation of agency banking
- External auditors who wish to develop their technical skills and compliance
- Internal auditors who wish to understand how they can add value
- Any other professional who wish to broaden their technical background
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The course is highly-interactive and encourages delegate participation through a combination of lectures, group discussion, practical exercises, case studies, and breakout sessions designed to reinforce new skills. The comprehensive course manual has been developed to be practical, easy to use and facilitate learning.
The Course Content
Day One: Agency Banking Overview
- Introduction and scope of the training program
- Definition of agency banking
- Typical activities
- Typical structures
- Agency banking in the world
Day Two: Risk Environment
- Industry analysis
- Risk analysis
- Risk management
- Money laundering
- Consumer protection
Day Three: Control Environment
- Key roles and responsibilities of financial institution
- Identifying and implementing appropriate controls
- Establishment of agency banking relationship
- Assessment of agents
- Supervision of agents
Day Four: Reconciliation & Procedures
- Settlement of transactions
- Technology requirements
- Accounting policies
- Reconciliation of transactions
- Management & Financial reporting
Day Five: Strategic Implementation
- Strategic analysis to determine model and market
- Developing a roadmap for agency banking
- Implementation of best practices
- Practical implementation in the organization
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course