Why Choose this Training Course?
This lively and engaging Business Strategy Management training course is suitable for high level professionals who are involved in managers’ key role of setting the organization’s strategic direction and implementing plans. The training course supports the development of high-level strategy skills for middle to senior managers who want to gain or refresh their knowledge of strategic planning. It will increase their confidence in the use of corporate planning tools and approaches by clarifying internal capabilities and resources in relation to outside forces such as competitors and geo-political factors. In a multi-cultural and globalised economy, human factors must also be addressed as part of the strategy implementation process.
Delegates attending this training course will have many opportunities to practice new skills, learn new techniques and gain in-depth knowledge of the strategy process. Join this Business Strategy Management training course to become a confident and capable strategic planner!
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Review of business and economic context for your business
- Tools and techniques used in strategy development
- Use of strategic thinking: Innovation approaches
- How organisational culture supports or prevents innovation
- Leadership qualities needed to inspire, motivate and engage with staff
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop good Vision and Mission statements in support of strategy formulation
- Carry out stakeholder analyses to manage diverse interests
- Recognise the impact of culture on interactions and outcomes
- Recognise the complexity of decision processes in the 21st Century
- Turn strategy into business and operational plans
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who want to sharpen their analytical skills
- Professionals wanting to further enhance their strategic leadership effectiveness
- Professionals aspiring to take on a more senior and strategic role in their organisation
- Managers who want to encourage innovative thinking
- Managers wanting to refresh their thinking and gain confidence in the use of strategic management tools
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes using direct input, discussions, case studies, exercises and video presentations which the tutor will guide and facilitate.
The Course Content
Day One: The Strategizing Process
- Why strategize: 21st century changes and challenges
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic thinking – Who, How, When and Why
- Strategic options, decisions, psychological factors
- Stories of success and failure
- Cultural impact on leaders
Day Two: The Strategic Process
- Strategy is relative to…
- No decision, is a decision
- Distinguishing between red and blue ocean strategies
- Strategy Tools: The SWOT analysis
- Turning dreams into realizable actions – SMART objectives
- Strategy hierarchy – Aligning resources and actions
Day Three: Strategic Management Skills
- Leadership theories & styles– A toolkit for managers
- What drives you?
- Leaders’ Emotional Intelligence
- Visioning, communicating & framing
- Leadership skills: Influencing and persuading
- Motivating employees
Day Four: Managing the Culture
- The cultural iceberg
- Cultural frames of reference: The cultural web
- Impact of strong and weak cultures
- Cultural challenges: Globalisation, mergers and acquisitions
- Evaluating your organisation’s culture
- Leaders’ role influencing culture
Day Five: Tactics and Plans
- Impact of change on employees
- Individual v team roles
- Employee engagement
- Tactics and plans
- A culture of learning
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course