Why Choose this Training Course?
In a highly competitive world the key to maintaining and improving profit is to increase revenue and control costs. Increasing revenue is often difficult in times of volatile market prices, making budgeting and cost control vital for the success of any organisation. This highly interactive training course will provide delegates with the practical tools and techniques to enable them to prepare, manage and control budgets to ensure improved performance.
This AZTech training course will assist individuals at every level in the organisation in their involvement in the budget process. Being ‘user-friendly’, it provides the practical skills for delegates to take back to their jobs, along with insights needed to adapt principles to specific work environments.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Strategic planning
- The budgeting planning process
- Forecasting techniques
- What if analysis and report generation
- Capital budgeting
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop the appropriate techniques for effective budgeting as part of the planning process
- Forecast sales, revenue and costs using qualitative and quantitative techniques in Excel
- Explain and use activity based budgeting and other budgeting methods
- Develop and effectively control budgets
- Provide budgeting knowledge that can be shared for the benefit of your company
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is designed for anyone involved in the budget process within their organisation. The training course is appropriate for those who wish to learn the concepts, processes, and techniques of budgeting in order to be better able to carry out their budgeting tasks and responsibilities. The training course is equally appropriate for those who already have some budget experience and wish to refresh or enhance their budgeting knowledge and skills. It will greatly benefit:
- Finance & Accounting professionals
- Departmental Managers
- Team Leaders
- Those preparing budgets
- Those working within a budget
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will include presentations delivered in a highly participative style with discussion, practical exercises and team-based case studies.
This training course will provide a real-world practical context by incorporating worked examples, case studies, and finance models so that you will see how theory applies in practice and discuss the various issues raised.
The Course Content
Day One: Strategic Planning
- Why Strategy comes before the Budget
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Developing a Strategic Plan
- Evaluating the Legal, Economic, Political & Social Environment
- Strategic Planning Tools
- Linking the Budget with the Strategy
Day Two: Forecasting
- What is Forecasting?
- Strategic Role of Forecasting
- The Forecasting Process
- Qualitative and Quantitative Forecasting Methods in Excel©
- Forecasting Demand, Revenue & Costs
- Dealing with the Limitations of Forecasts
Day Three: Budgeting
- What is a Budget ?
- The Benefits & Limitations of Budgets
- Budget Methods – incremental, zero-based, rolling budgets and Activity Based Budgeting
- Budgeting and the Management Process
- Preparing Departmental Budgets from Forecasts
- Building the Master Budget
Day Four: Using a Budget as a Management Tool
- Linking Strategic Planning, Forecasting Budgeting and Reporting
- Budget Cost, Volume, Profit (CVP) and Break-Even Analysis
- Managing Fixed and Variable Costs
- Sensitivity & What-If Analysis
- Budgetary Control
- Variance Analysis
Day Five: Capital Budgeting (CAPEX)
- Capital Budgeting Principles
- Raising Finance
- Weighted Average Cost Of Capital (WACC)
- Methods of Evaluating Capital Investment Projects
- Comparing Different Projects And Their Returns
- Managing Financial Risk
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course