Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programme
Why Choose this Course?
This course will help you assess your present situation, in terms of work and personal life – focusing on concepts essential to effective time/task management and work planning. This course will enhance the way you manage yourself effectively within your own time constraints, how to be better organize and prioritise your work/life tasks, as well as the people you manage. These skills will develop a more efficient and motivated individual, enabling increased outputs and productivity in any business area.
By leveraging time and change to your advantage, you will achieve maximizing the amount of work accomplished in the shortest amount of time, yet at the same time effective in what activity is performed and how it is managed.
This course will feature:
- Analysis and understanding change, in all its facets
- Time analysis, delegation, prioritization
- Work and task planning for oneself and others
- Turbocharging individual performance
- Personal development planning
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand why managing time matters to work and health in our changing world
- Identify tasks that can be eliminated, prioritized, or delegated
- Apply techniques for planning, managing priorities, scheduling work, and working proactively
- Analyse situations that hinder their performance and identify techniques to overcome them
- Analyse their strengths and needs and prepare a personal development plan
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Line and functional Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors in organizations of all sizes
- Intermediate and advanced level Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors within all sectors, private and public, profit and not-for-profit
- Professionals who needs to become more effective and efficient in time management and planning
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes group and individual exercises, case studies, role plays and discussions - along with formal inputs.
The Course Content
Working and living in a changing world
- What do I hope to achieve?
- Our fast changing world
- How do we manage this?
- What are the implications for others and me?
- Balancing life and work
Basic time management skills and techniques
- How am I using my time? Time logging
- Why do I put things off? Procrastination and time wasting
- Time Perspective Inventory: How we use time
- How our time use affects others
- Deciding what to keep, what to eliminate, what to delegate
Efficient and effective planning, prioritizing, and coordination
- Diagnosing management methods
- Pressures on work plans – time, quality, cost
- Effective planning and decision-making
- Analyzing and managing risk
- Contingency planning
Advanced techniques to turbocharge performance
- “Unscheduling,” the key weapon against procrastination
- Flow states and the right frame of mind
- Doing the right things well
- Managing interruptions and crises
- Mastering meetings, correspondence, interruptions, travel, and calls
Putting it all together in a personal development plan
- Work planning practical
- Testing your plan
- Analyzing your strengths and needs
- Creating a development plan
- Real wealth equals happiness plus fulfillment plus discretionary time
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.