Why Choose this Training Course?
The brain’s emotional centres are involved in everything we think and do and are enormously important in our work. For many Finance Professionals, “emotion” is not part of their usual training and work experience. This can be a career impediment and even make the transition to a leadership position difficult. This course will focus on how EI relates to the work of Finance Professionals.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the ability to observe, distinguish, control and appraise our emotions. The aim is to use our awareness of self and others to manage our behaviour and relationships. This five-day course will help you develop and enhance your EI and communication skills. It will focus on practical skills development that will significantly benefit you in your work and home life.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding your and others’ Emotions
- The essentials components of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The Transition from Finance Professional to Leader
- Giving feedback the EI way
- Developing your EI as a Finance Professional
What are the Goals?
At the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify EI competencies
- List skills needed to transition from a Finance Professional to a leadership role
- Describe ways to improve personal EI
- Understand how to motivate yourself and others
- Display improved competency in EI
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will particularly benefit:
- All finance professionals in any organisation who are transitioning to a People Management or Leadership role
- Those professionals who would benefit from an understanding of the topics
- Anyone recently promoted into a people management role
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants in this course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline, with the facilitator utilising various proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
The course is very participatory and experiential. It involves a lot of skill practice in a group setting. Training methodology includes individual and group activities that will intersperse the sessions. Various practical sessions, relevant case studies and group interactions are programmed into this course. As this is coaching-based, participants will be given activities to complete and work on after the face-to-face training.
The Course Content
Day One: Why Emotional Intelligence (EI)Matters
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)?
- EI Competencies for Finance Professionals
- Understanding yourself and others
- Assessing your own EI
- Using the Jo-Hari Window for self-awareness
Day Two: Transiting from a Finance Professional to People Manager
- The role of the Finance Professional
- From financial expert to leader
- The difference between managing and leading
- Transformational leadership explored
- The unique needs of the Finance Professional as a leader
Day Three: Improving your EI Competency as a Finance Professional
- Understanding the psychology of people
- Improving your own EI
- Practical ways to improve your EI
- EI as a Finance Professional
- Career development SWOT
Day Four: Using EI as a Finance Professional
- Giving feedback using EI methods
- Cross-cultural issues
- Practical skills in listening
- Using open and closed questions
- Being EI online
Day Five: Developing Your Skills in EI
- Understanding motivation
- Motivating yourself and others
- Using EI with your team
- Avoiding the dangers of groupthink
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course