Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
This course explores the nature and benefits of innovative and collaborative teams. Increasingly, companies see innovation and collaboration as a key source of competitive advantage, with benefits for motivation and engagement and developing talent, as well as team and organizational performance. However, achieving these benefits places new demands on leaders, and requires new leadership practices.
This course will feature:
- The benefits of innovation and collaboration
- Building the innovative and collaborative team
- Creating the right environment for innovation and collaboration
- Inspiring shared purposes and common goals
- Leadership practices for innovative and collaborative teams
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appraise the key features and benefits of innovative and collaborative teams
- Asses their team’s current and aspired innovation and collaboration skills and create an appropriate development plan
- Evaluate key approaches for creating the right environment for innovation and collaboration
- Examine common approaches to developing shared purposes and goals
- Apply leadership practices which inspire and support team innovation, collaboration and success
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Leaders and managers who have responsibility for team performance or for developing team skills and capabilities.
- Additionally HR and Learning and Development professionals with responsibility for developing organizational skills and capabilities.
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on current practices and on their team goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide variety of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and pair and group work.
The Course Content
The Benefits of Innovation and Collaboration
- The nature of innovation
- Collaboration vs. competition
- Learned behaviours
- Innovative and collaborative teams
- The innovative and collaborative team mindset
Building the Innovative and Collaborative Team
- Innovative and collaborative team values
- High performance goals and metrics
- Innovation and collaborative skills
- Appraising team skills
- Designing a team development programme
Creating the Right Environment for Innovation and Collaboration
- The new role of leadership
- Individual creative work
- Individual strengths and blind spots
- Trust and communication
- Recognition and feeding forward
- Productive conflict: a source of creativity and team cohesion
Inspiring Shared Purposes and Common Goals
- Individual preferences and goals
- Developing a team picture of success
- ‘Force field’ analysis
- Strategic priority areas
- Monitoring progress and achievement
Leadership Practices for Innovative and Collaborative Teams
- Guiding principles: drawing on great experiences
- Communication with and within your team
- Team gatherings
- Team decisions and the leader’s decision making process
- Personal and team accountability
- Developing a personal and team action plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.