Why Choose this Training Workshop?
This 2-day training workshop will allow participants to reflect on the many communication tools now available to managers. They will be encouraged to reflect on how effective they are and how it is important to deliver consistent messages. Given that people are essentially social creatures, what effect does increasing geographical distance or using electronic media have on the success or otherwise of the communication tools we commonly use? Practical exercises will be introduced to expose the value of different approaches. We will also consider the impact on employees, managers and the organisation as a whole of ineffective communications.
This course will feature:
- A review of different forms of organisational communications
- How people communicate and why
- How to address information overload
- Delivering short and pithy messages
- Using stories to deliver organisational messages
What are the Goals
By the end of this training workshop participants will be able to…
- Recognise how many communication methods exist
- Anticipate the effectiveness of different communications
- Prepare an elevator pitch
- Manage information flows more effectively
- Deliver messages more effectively
Who is this Training Workshop For?
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Managers in service functions e.g. IT, Procurement, HR
- Managers with budget responsibilities
- Project managers
How will this Training Workshop be Presented?
This training workshop will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of information presented. The training workshop will be highly interactive including group exercises, role plays and thinking pairs aimed at giving participants a safe environment in which to practice new skills.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Importance of Using the Right Communication Tools
- Reflecting on different forms of organisational communications
- Understanding inter-personal communications
- Understanding the challenges of virtual teams or distance working
- Managing 24/7 availability
- Effective meetings
Day Two: Developing Effective Communication Skills
- Review of importance of communicating well
- Developing presentation skills
- Preparing an elevator pitch
- Using stories to gain hearts and minds
- Personal development planning
- Aztech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training workshop