Why Choose this Training Course?
This intensive five-day training course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the completion and stimulation techniques used in unconventional resource development, as well as the diagnostic tools and techniques used to evaluate the effectiveness of these treatments. The course will cover the basic principles of unconventional resource development, including reservoir characterization, completion design, and stimulation techniques. In addition, the course will cover the various diagnostic tools and techniques used to evaluate the effectiveness of the completion and stimulation treatments. The course will also include practical exercises and case studies to reinforce the concepts learned.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and challenges associated with unconventional reservoirs, including shale gas, shale oil, and tight gas formations.
- Learn about the different completion techniques used in unconventional reservoirs, including horizontal drilling, multistage hydraulic fracturing, and refracturing.
- Gain an understanding of the different types of stimulation diagnostics used in unconventional reservoirs, including pressure transient analysis, production logging, and tracer analysis.
- Learn how to analyze and interpret stimulation diagnostic data to optimize completion design and improve well performance.
- Understand the importance of well spacing and completion design in maximizing hydrocarbon recovery from unconventional reservoirs.
- Gain an understanding of the environmental and regulatory considerations associated with unconventional resources completion and stimulation diagnostics.
- Learn about the latest developments and trends in unconventional resources completion and stimulation diagnostics technology.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Geologists, engineers, and technical personnel involved in the design, implementation, and evaluation of unconventional resource development projects
- Individuals involved in the planning and execution of well completions and stimulation treatments
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will include an interactive mixture of lecture-led learning & group discussions.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Unconventional Resources Completion and Stimulation
- Overview of unconventional resource development
- Reservoir characterization and rock mechanics
- Completion design for unconventional resources
- Stimulation techniques for unconventional resources
- Practical exercises on completion and stimulation design
Day Two: Hydraulic Fracturing in Unconventional Resources
- Overview of hydraulic fracturing in unconventional resources
- Fracturing fluid design and selection
- Proppant selection and placement
- Diagnostic techniques for hydraulic fracturing
- Practical exercises on hydraulic fracturing design and evaluation
Day Three: Acid Stimulation and Matrix Treatments
- Overview of acid stimulation and matrix treatments
- Types of acid and their selection
- Acid placement and diversion techniques
- Diagnostic techniques for acid stimulation
- Practical exercises on acid stimulation and matrix treatments
Day Four: Diagnostic Techniques for Completion and Stimulation
- Overview of diagnostic techniques for completion and stimulation
- Wellbore and surface diagnostic techniques
- Downhole diagnostic techniques
- Analysis and interpretation of diagnostic data
- Practical exercises on diagnostic techniques
Day Five: Advanced Topics in Completion and Stimulation
- Overview of advanced topics in completion and stimulation
- Multi-stage hydraulic fracturing and horizontal well completions
- Evaluation of stimulation effectiveness
- Emerging technologies in completion and stimulation
- Practical exercises on advanced topics in completion and stimulation
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course