Video: Tony Buon on
Training Management & Organisational Learning
for Oil & Gas Industries
Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Pre-Approved Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
This exciting and innovative course will introduce you to the latest and best practices in training management and organisational learning. Especially designed for those in the Oil & Gas Industries, this course is paced, challenging and highly rewarding. You will learn about how to become a truly ‘learning organisation’ and redefine organisational learning so that your organisation places learning and development at the core of its business.
This course will introduce you to the latest and proven techniques for Training Management and Organisational Development (OD). Your professional practice and career will be enhanced by attending this important 5-day course.
- Learn about organisational learning as a key management process
- Understand the application of training management in your organisation
- Becoming a learning organisation
- There will be practical workshops/exercises each day where what has been learnt will be put into practice
- The course has been developed to address the special needs of the Oil and Gas environment
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Organisational Learning theory
- Explain the concept of effective Training Management
- Utilise the skills of OD for Organisational Learning & Training Management
- Apply appropriate skills for developing a learning organisation
- Develop training suitable for the oil and gas sector
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their skills in Training Management & Organisational Learning. In particular this course would suit:
- Managers, Supervisors and Leaders in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Anyone involved in learning & development, training or talent management
- Human Resource (HR) personnel at all levels
- Occupational health & safety personnel
- Anyone concerned with organisational learning
How will this be Presented?
This Course will be presented in a highly collaborative presentation style. Individual and group activities will intersperse the sessions. DVD presentations will highlight the teaching. A variety of Practical Sessions and Role Plays and group interaction are programmed into this Course.
Your Tablet eManual
The innovative feature of this course is your Tablet eManual. This course utilises the latest technology to offer the use of a Tablet Computer which you can keep after the course.
Your Tablet eManual is loaded with:
- Course manual
- PowerPoint slides
- Course handouts and exercises
- Interesting articles for further reading
- Short videos and relevant links used in the course
- Photos taken during the course
The Course Content
Day One: Organisational Learning Explored
- The concept of learning
- How does learning differ in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Behavioural and other psychological theories
- Implications of organisational learning practices
- The idea of organisational learning
- Redefining organisational learning
Day Two: Training Management Explored
- Managing the training function strategically
- Training in the Oil & Gas sector
- The importance of cost-benefit & ROI
- The concept of talent management
- Differentiating succession management & talent management
- Nationalisation issues
Day Three: Leading Organisation Change
- An experience of change
- Change at the team level
- Change at the organisational level
- Key drivers of change
- Change management
- Case Studies of change management in the Oil & Gas Industry
Day Four: Organisational Development (OD) Explored
- History of OD
- Organisational development today
- Maslow and Hertzberg & The Hawthorne effect
- Case studies: Putting OD into practice
- Diagnostic tools for OD
- Organisational Structures
Day Five: Becoming a Learning Organisation
- Understanding the learning organisation
- Characteristics of a learning organisation
- Are you ready to change?
- Benefits and barriers
- The Fifth Discipline
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.