Why Choose this Training Course?
Never has the management environment been more challenging. Many observers now conclude that in these turbulent times the role of the manager is the most difficult and stressful within organisations. Their consequent mantra is that if management is tough: it must require a tough response? However, this suggestion is frequently misinterpreted and evidenced by “toxic management” and displays of over assertive controlling behaviours and micromanagement. Time and again research has proved such practices to have some immediate impact, but in the longer term deliver detrimental and corrosive relationships and poorer team performance. So just what is “tough management”? It is important that the term is clearly defined for those in management
Essentially, it is an approach seeking to engage, enlighten and enable the workforce to collaboratively respond to the ever-increasing demands of the business environment. It offers a perspective of management excellence achieved by recognising and acknowledging that all teams are comprised of different people, with different goals and motivations, different skills and personal traits. Within this diverse framework, tough management requires that each individual can precisely identify and prioritise pressing business needs. This Tough Management Master Class training course approach to work, built on inspired, management that aligns and encourages people development through collaborative practices that consistently target productivity, results, customer service. It therefor responds to the current and ever-increasing organisational pressure of “doing more with less”.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Assessing management styles and their impact on people and organisational outcomes
- An evaluation of personal skills and the value each delegate affords to their business
- The importance of strategic goals to create alignment and focus on key activities
- Emotional Intelligent practice to build positive relationships, engagement and productivity
- Generating collaborative practice to harness collective wisdom and develop people
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse, understand and apply tough management without being a tough guy!
- Use Emotional Intelligence techniques to productively invest your time in your people
- Apply a wide range of communication techniques that ensure clear, concise messaging
- Ensure their teams understand and contribute to the organisational business model
- Stimulate creative collaboration to address problem solving and decision-making issues.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers who aspire to successfully lead in the post pandemic era
- Employees seeking career progression into management
- Technical professionals who seek to build the people skill of supervision
- Managers who seek to refresh, energise and rejuvenate their thinking and practice
- HR and L &D professionals requiring tools and techniques to apply in their organisation
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a carefully selected range of learning materials that will meet the diverse needs of the delegates; the key aim is to ensure maximum engagement throughout the programme. Formal input and discussion sessions are followed by powerful reflective activities to generate future action. Practical sessions afford opportunities to share common and unique concerns about current work-based issues. The process will be highly interactive, challenging and empowering, employing elements of behavioral psychology, emotional intelligence and Neuro-Linguistic Programming. All activities seek to create immediate and improved impact in management practice.
The Course Content
Day One: Responding to the New Reality
- Perceptions of management. formal or grounded theory
- Managerial leadership. Do you lead or manage?
- Role Modelling; modern day heroes, trends and pacemakers
- Tough Management: rules for an alternative paradigm of practice:
- The Uniqueness of Management; personality factors that inform and advise practice
- Your value to the company? How productive am I: Focus, Evidence and Praxis
Day Two: Managing Diversity to Nurture Creative Outcomes
- Why do I want to lead? Why should others follow me?
- Managing the team, task and individual: Alignment, Engagement and Results
- Am I too tough? Beware the “toxic manager”.
- Meeting the strategic organisational strategic demands. Purpose function and deliverables
- Measuring team performance? Testing tests the power of teams and collaboration
- Psychometric assessment of management style. Learning outcomes and future intent
Day Three: Building Meaning, Generating Alignment, Defining Focus
- Revisiting the strategic vision and defining priorities and key personal deliverables
- Walking to the future: NLP exercise to illuminate personal and team challenges
- Performance management, KPI’s: a brief consideration
- Establishing priorities: successful delegation and good time management practice
- The organisations money making model? Is our business model sustainable?
- Communicate is key. How good are my communication skills?
Day Four: Leading and Managing Self and Others
- A reality check: Why do managers, teams and projects fail?
- Revisiting the basics of communication skills.
- The fundamental role of trust in leading others in today’s organisation
- Emotional Intelligence: managing self and others- the intra and interpersonal
- Confronting poor performance with constructive feedback
- Feedback exercise to build confidence and self-esteem.
Day Five: Leading the Flexible, Responsive Collaborative Team
- Leading with an open mind in culture of permanent change
- The pursuit of continuous improvement: guidelines for practice
- You don’t know all the answers: tough decision making made easier:
- Solving tough problems and reaching collective decisions
- Review: and conclusions. Tough Management without being the tough guy
- Action planning and closing words
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course