Why Choose this Training Course?
This course enables you to implement or upgrade measurement systems in your department or organisation. The course links activity with strategy through success factors and performance measures. The course clarifies the differences and connections between critical success factors (CSFs), key results indicators (KRIs), and key performance Indicators (KPIs) explaining how each should be used and how to pick the vital few measures from the many indicators that most organisations use.
You will discover a powerful method for implementing a successful performance measurement system, exploring a range of proven performance measures, and use Excel to develop useful Dashboard and Scorecard worksheets.
This course will feature:
- Integrating performance measures in strategic and operational management systems
- How to develop and use performance and result indicators
- Understanding success factors
- Methods for developing and implementing a Performance Measurement System
- Provision of a practical resource kit for implementing performance measurements
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Realise the benefits of utilising an effective Performance Measurement System
- Deploy a successful methodology for developing and implementing performance metrics
- Address the human factors of implementing a performance measurement system
- Design and develop Dashboards and Scorecards in Excel
- Evaluate and select success factors/CSFs and performance measures/KRIs/KPIs
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All personnel involved in developing and implementing Performance Measures
- Advisors, planners, and others developing Scorecards and Dashboards
- Functional, Line and Operational Managers
- Process Improvement/Quality managers
- Project / PMO Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussions, case studies, presentations and exercises.
Laptops will be provided to allow delegates to develop Dashboard and Scorecard reporting tools. Delegates will receive a useful set of templates, performance measures and success factors as well as a resources kit for implementing a Performance Measurement System.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Current Situation and the Need for Change
- The need for performance measurement
- Current methods of measurement and common failings
- Linking Strategy to Action
- Defining Critical Success Factors
- Excel: Scorecard and Dashboard chart types and variations
- Discussion of specific performance metrics – financial perspective
Day Two: Driving the Mission statement/aims into the Organisation through Success Factors
- The organisational perspectives
- Characteristics of Key Performance Indicators
- Foundations for successful management: The Best Practice Model
- Performance indicators, KPIs, results indicators, KRIs
- Excel: Textual dashboards and in-cell charts
- Discussion of specific performance metrics – process perspective
Day Three: Planning to Implement Performance Measurement
- How to develop and standardise Performance Metrics
- The 6 phase model for implementing a successful Performance Measurement System:
- Implementation Phase 1: Gaining management commitment and selecting a winning team
- Implementation Phase 2: Planning for success
- Excel: Working with dynamic data
- Discussion of specific performance metrics – client perspective
Day Four: Developing and Implementing Success Factors and Performance Measurements
- Identifying and managing human factors in performance measurement
- Implementation Phase 3: Clarifying the success factors and measurements
- Implementation Phase 4: Implementing the system company-wide
- Implementation Phase 5: Finalising the metrics and developing a reporting structure
- Excel: Putting together Dashboards and Scorecards
- Discussion of specific performance metrics – learning and growth perspective
Day Five: Post Implementation: Maintenance and Embedding the Performance Measurement System
- Implementation Phase 6: Maintenance and embedding the system
- Implementation lessons
- Individual plans, presentations and commitment to action
- Excel: Advanced features and skills for Dashboards and Scorecards
- Review and wrap up
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course