Why Choose this Training Workshop?
The current world of business is very challenging with employees being required to deliver more and at a higher standard, often with fewer resources. This requires a clear focus on deliverables, ensuring that performance is high and objectives are met. Yet there are many distractions: too many emails, lots of meetings, frequent interruptions. In times of rapid change, the objectives themselves may be unclear or may be changed often. This training workshop allows managers the opportunity to explore these contradictions and find coping mechanisms for meeting their own and their subordinates’ targets and objectives.
This course will feature:
- How clear are your targets and objectives?
- Does your day to day activity focus on delivering the objectives?
- Employees’ deliverables – are they the right ones?
- How to cope with frequent changes or lack of clarity
- Learning how to say ‘no’
What are the Goals
By the end of this training workshop participants will be able to:
- Avoid waste or duplication in delivering departmental results
- Be able to analyse how your own and others’ time is spent to ensure it maximises performance
- How to work with staff to ensure their effectiveness
- Understand how people respond to change and uncertainty
- Develop coping mechanisms: managing up, down and sideways
Who is this Training Workshop For?
This training workshop is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers at all levels with direct reports
- Team Leaders
- Managers in service functions e.g. IT, Procurement, HR
- Managers with budget responsibilities
- Project managers
How will this Training Workshop be Presented?
This training workshop will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of information presented. The training workshop will be highly interactive including group exercises, role plays and thinking pairs aimed at giving participants a safe environment in which to practice new skills.
The Course Content
Day One: Delivering High Performance
- Do my tasks and activities deliver value?
- Where does waste or duplication occur?
- Some tools for analysing and improving performance
- Are you a member of a team? How do you interact with colleagues?
- The elements of a high performing team
Day Two: Overcoming the Challenges of a Changing Environment
- Understanding the impact of change on human behaviours
- Increasing control over your tasks and responsibilities
- What are the key priorities in day to day tasks?
- Learning how to say ‘no’
- What changes will I introduce in my day job
- Aztech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training workshop