An intensive professional development training course on
Safe Operations &
Maintenance of Circuit
Breakers & Switchgears
Importance of Efficient Operations of the Various Types of Circuit Breakers and Switchgears Incorporating Modern Testing Instruments
Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly informative Safe Operations & Maintenance of Circuit Breakers & Switchgears training course emphasises on the new technologies of medium and high voltage circuit breakers. One of the salient innovations is the elimination of sulphur hexafluoride gas to the new green gas for grid, in line with the world’s effort to reduce the carbon footprint. It will also provide delegates a solid understanding on the safe use of circuit breakers, switchgears and associated equipment that requires correct initial selection, operation and maintenance. New vacuum circuit breaker technologies will be discussed to enhance the safety and secured operation of the electrical installation.
On completion, delegates will be equipped or will have enhanced skills to ensure that circuit breakers and switchgear are installed, operated safely and maintained in a fashion that ensures safe and stable and continuous operation. In this Safe Operations & Maintenance of Circuit Breakers & Switchgears training course, delegates will be exposed to recognize faults and ensure the underlying causes are identified to reduce possible further failures. State of the art testing instruments are discussed focusing on circuit breakers and motors.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding the types and functions of circuit breakers
- Operation principle of medium and high voltage circuit breakers
- Identification of testing equipment and instruments
- Interpretation of single line drawings
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of switchgears
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various types and operations of circuit breakers
- Determine the components and operations switchgears
- Explain the different types of testing instruments
- Analyse the common faults in an electrical installation
- Inculcate greater confidence, working safely on circuit breakers and switchgears
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will benefit all levels of professional in an electrical installation. It will enable them to understand the importance of safe operations of circuit breakers and switchgears.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of technical professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical supervisors
- Plant electricians
- Operations & maintenance engineers, supervisors & technicians
- Maintenance technicians
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and circuit breaker technologies.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
The Course Content
Day One: The Technology of Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- Typical substation arrangements with circuit breaker arrangements
- Low and medium voltage motors operations and characteristics
- Motor starting methods and motor control centres
- Nameplate ratings and interpretation
- Motor and generator fault contributions
- Low, medium and high voltage equipment in an electrical installation
Day Two: Operation of Various Types of Interrupting Equipment
- CT's and VT's operation, construction and classifications
- Basic protection requirements and LSIG
- Molded Case circuit breakers
- Air and load break switches, reclosers operation and construction
- Vacuum contactors applications
- Vacuum circuit breakers operations and characteristics
Day Three: Maintenance of Gas Filled Circuit Breakers
- Conventional Sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) gas circuit breaker construction and operation
- New green grid gas for electrical switchgears
- SF6 gas leak detection methods
- Dew point and purity tests
- IAC and partition classes
- Vacuum interrupter and SF6 circuit breakers
Day Four: The Use of Test Equipment for Operations and Maintenance
- Digital voltmeter (DVM), oscilloscope, insulation tester applications
- State of the art circuit breaker tester
- Motor diagnostics instrument
- Circuit breaker routine tests
- NEC check lists to ensure the correct installation
- Troubleshooting methodology for electrical equipment
Day Five: The Identification and Repair of Problems/Failures
- Common electrical installation faults
- Harmonics and its effects
- Phase imbalance and phase sequence effects
- Procedures for fault finding
- Discussion on common faults and incidents
- Wrap up session
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.