Why Choose this Training Course?
More and more leaders are placed in a position of responsibility with expectations that are constantly changing and challenging. Exceptional leadership demands high competency in communicating, influencing, team building and managing relationships in the workplace. This requires high emotional intelligence to ensure that our leaders have sound judgment, reasoning and negotiating skills.
This AZTech Negotiation and Leadership Skills training course will help you understand how emotion resilience impacts on work performance and interactions within the organisation. It highlights ways for participants to ensure they develop and motivate their teams to increase their productivity for ‘task efficiency’ and ‘relational effectiveness’ as well as the resilience to negotiate the challenges of today’s corporate responsibility.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An insight into the attributes that shape leadership behaviours
- Developing leadership through emotionally intelligence
- Building highly productive teams
- An understanding of how to build empathic relationships with others
- Influence, persuasion & negotiation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Assess their own self-awareness and leadership style
- Apply emotional intelligence in all aspects of leadership
- Maintain their emotional energy to motivate and lead team members towards achieving organizational goals
- Develop authentic and credible leadership to build highly productive team members
- Negotiate through lean times to maximise outcomes
- Build delegate credibility through Case Studies
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Newly elected officers
- Managers and leaders seeking to develop emotional resilience
- HR representatives
- Managers responsible for team development & productivity
- Managers wishing to develop their negotiating skills
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes the use of slides, handout material, work manual with all instructor notes and slides, examples of best practice and appropriate video materials. The use of syndicate workshops and reporting back sessions will encourage a fully participative and enjoyable event. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating previous work experiences and undertake a number of assessments based upon relevant Case Study experience.
The Course Content
Day One: The Principles of Leadership
- Management vs. Leadership
- Leadership attributes
- Credible communication for leadership
- Build and expanding circles of trust
- Resilient leadership
- Leadership Case Study
Day Two: Emotional Intelligence
- Why is EQ so important?
- Skills needed for EQ communication
- Flexibility in dealing with other personality styles
- Using your left and right brain
- Mental adaptability to handling problems
- Leading with empathy
- Raising your emotional resilience – Case Study
Day Three: Employee Relations
- Transparency in communication for a healthy employee relationship
- Employee motivation & reward schemes
- Understanding areas of conflict and team dysfunction
- Handling and dealing with conflict
- Building and re-building trust
- Succession and Retention
Day Four: Team Building
- Team dynamics Case Study
- Systemic team communication
- Setting goals
- Roles and responsibilities
- The art of delegation and empowerment
- Measures to maintain high performing teams
Day Five: Negotiation Skills
- Steps in win/win negotiation
- The keys to collaborative bargaining in partnering
- Leverage: What it is and how to use it
- Negotiation tactics and ploys
- Ethics in negotiation
- Case Study – Negotiating Styles
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course.