Why Choose this Training Course?
Are you confident in leading and managing your organisation? This course covers the key topics addressed by Executive MBA’s, focused on the needs and challenges of women managers or would-be managers. Having an understanding and working knowledge of people management, marketing, finance, and strategy is essential for any manager worth their salt. In addition, there is a need for key skills: influence and negotiation, to deliver great results.
This AZTech training course offers delegates the chance to apply theories and practice skills in a safe environment – to overcome obstacles and gain confidence. Delivered in a fun and participative manner, participants will take back new ideas and ways of working which will enable them to deliver results!
This training course will feature:
- An understanding of the management of people and how to manage performance
- Acquire key marketing skills to achieve business success
- Learn to set work priorities in order to meet strategic aims
- Learn the fundamentals of finance, enabling you to understand key principles
- Develop leadership skills to influence others and negotiate successfully
What are the Goals?
By attending this AZTech training course, delegates will be able to:
- Manage subordinates, peers and line managers effectively
- Work with marketing colleagues to deliver key messages to customers
- Understand how day to day tasks support achievement of objectives
- Gain a working knowledge of financial statements and how to use the information
- Enhance leadership skills: influencing and negotiating
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is designed for women in organisations who have leadership & management responsibilities or are aspiring managers. It is also relevant to men who are working closely with women managers and wish to be more effective in collaborating with them.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit women who are:
- New to a supervisory or managerial role
- In need of leadership development to be more effective
- Wanting to gain management knowledge to work with or for others
- Project managers, professionals or team leaders wanting to gain business acumen
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The facilitator will provide interactive presentation that incorporates slides, videos, group discussion and case studies to examine all aspects of the topic.
The Course Content
Day One: People and Performance
- Understand the HR cycle
- Understand key elements of recruitment, selection, induction, retention and development of staff
- Develop capabilities in use of competencies in selection and development
- Enhance skills in conducting appraisals & managing performance
- Develop skills and confidence in giving and receiving feedback
- Recognise importance and value of partnership working
Day Two: Marketing in Action
- Understand the 5 essential areas of marketing & their critical role
- Apply analysis of macro & micro environments for strategic decision-making
- Learn techniques for successful relationship building with key audiences
- Learn to use marketing communications mix for single activities and campaigns
- Develop knowledge of frameworks for planning marketing communication activities
- Gain understanding of elements of a brand and its consistent use on- and off-line
Day Three: Strategic Change
- Understand key concepts in development of strategies
- Understand how objectives and plans must align with corporate strategy
- Develop skills in identifying and managing risks
- Consider the human impact of change and uncertainty
- Learn how to overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Link theory to practice: how strategy affects every job
Day Four: Finance for Managers
- Use financial knowledge to help manage a company in today’s business environment
- Understand why good financial information is critical to company success
- Understand and analyse financial statements
- Apply appropriate financial measures to financial statements to assess viability
- Use financial knowledge to make more effective decisions
- Use case studies to prepare financial statements
Day Five: Negotiation and Influence Skills
- Develop skills and attitudes to deliver ‘Win-Win’ negotiation outcomes
- Acquire knowledge of influencing strategies
- Conduct stakeholder analyses
- Prepare influence diagrams
- Learn tactics for successful negotiations
- Understand your opponent’s negotiating style and tactics
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course