Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Pre-Approved Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
This course allows delegates to critically analyse their HR and Line Management approach to managing people problems in the workplace and the remedies needed. Virtually all employees will have problems from time to time and their problems become a Manager’s problem because they impact on an employee’s performance, productivity and health. Problems can include work related stress, lack of motivation, bullying, job insecurity or domestic related stress, family illness and relationship problems. It is critical that HR Professionals and Managers can recognise problems early on and the organisation can offer advice and support to get the employee back to full performance as the cost to the employer can be enormous.
This course will feature:
- The causes of people’s behaviour and performance problems
- Motivation and its practical application
- Workplace stress and best practice workplace interventions
- Effective Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Effective counselling and coaching
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand why people problems affect their work
- Apply motivation, coaching and counselling skills
- Identify and develop approaches needed for stress management
- Develop effective workplace interventions
- Apply best practice in the management of employee problems
Who is this Course for?
This course is a must to any Team Leader/Supervisor/Manager who cares about ensuring a positive working experience and greater quality of working life for their people, and wants to understand more of the psychology relevant to the workplace. It is also suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Human Resource or Personnel Staff particularly from entry to middle, and senior levels
- Line Managers who have been recently promoted
- Staff Welfare Managers, Nurses and Occupational Health Specialists
- Risk Management Specialists
- Those with an interest in the specific areas of Staff health and well being
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a highly interactive presentation style, individual and group activities interspersed throughout the sessions.
A variety of practical sessions and role plays, and group inter-action are programmed into this course. These sessions are most informative, inspiring, and presented in a relaxing atmosphere, that is conducive to learning by a highly experienced trainer.
The Course Content
Day One: People Problems at Work
- Introduction to everyday Human Psychology
- Understanding the range and causes of people problems
- Impact on work and the cost to organisations
- Interventions and ways of helping people
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Steps to establish an EAP
Day Two: Understanding Stress
- What is stress? - Recognising the physical & behavioural signs, stress in the mind & body
- What contributes to workplace pressures?
- The impact of stress on personal performance - the positive and negative effects of stress
- The symptoms of short term and long term stress
- Stress management techniques
- Individual Testing: The major causes of stress at work and at home
Day Three: Counseling and Coaching Skills
- What is communication?
- Techniques for interviewing/basic counselling
- Developing active listening skills
- Understanding body language
- SOLER Techniques for counseling
- Motivational Coaching Techniques
Day Four: Understanding Motivation
- The Psychology of Motivation
- Motivation at work
- Team & Group Motivation
- Reward & Motivation
- Case study: Absenteeism
Day Five: Critical Incident Stress (CISD) and Trauma Counseling
- What constitutes a traumatic event
- A Model for Workplace Trauma Management
- Traumatic stress and Post traumatic Stress Disorder
- Media Management, Preventive Training and Information
- Debriefing & Grief Counseling
- Policy, Plans and Procedures
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Attendance.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.