Why Choose this Training Course?
Many business-to-business organisations do not understand how to structure and co-ordinate their marketing communications and as a result they waste money, time and effort.
For marketing communications to achieve the desired results they must be correctly focused, and co-ordinated to achieve clear objectives. The communications tools must work together, with the right messages, aimed at the right target audiences, with a clear purpose for each message.
On this AZTech training course you will learn how to manage marketing communications and to create a structured marketing communications plan which is both credible and realistic.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The ‘four contexts’ you must understand
- Defining the marketing communications strategy
- Communicating to win preference with decision-makers
- Raising credibility through important stakeholders
- Prioritising and targeting the right people
- Co-ordinating communications tools and messages
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course you should be able to:
- Construct credible marketing communications plans
- Build your plan on clear principles and evidence
- Convince colleagues to adopt your plan
- Integrate your communications and marketing strategy
- Communicate your brand consistently
- Use your communications budget effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is for people who want to understand B2B marketing communications so that they can avoid wasteful hit-and-miss tactical campaigns, and integrate their communications into a coherent and co-ordinated communications plan.
This AZTech training course is suitable for:
- Managers responsible for co-ordinating marketing communications
- Leaders engaged in developing integrated marketing strategies
- Professionals who need to brief marketing communications
- Managers in marketing and segment management roles
- Leaders who need to build a stronger brand
- Managers who want to increase sales and defend margins
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will be presented using a combination of formal presentations, discussions and syndicated exercises. Video, real-life examples and case-studies will also be used.
A major differentiator in this course is that it is highly practical, drawing from the presenter’s many years of experience in sales and marketing consulting for leading global B2B companies.
The Course Content
Day One: What is Required for Effective Marketing Communications, Structuring the Plan and Understanding the Four Key Contexts?
- The key principles of marketing communications
- How to make marketing communications effective
- Structure of a marketing communications plan
- Understanding the four essential contexts
- Understanding the customer context - mapping decision-makers
- Defining priority, messages and communications tools
Day Two: Understanding Business, Internal and External Contexts
- The business context
- Aligning with business strategy, marketing strategy and brand
- Understanding the internal context
- Understanding external context
- Identifying, mapping and prioritising stakeholders
Day Three: Objectives, Strategy and Brand – Targeting and the ‘Journey’
- Setting marketing communications objectives
- Defining a marketing communications strategy
- Defining brand position and communicating the brand
- Prioritising target groups and individuals
- Using target group ‘personas’
- Communications tasks and the customer-journey
Day Four: Constructing Messages and Integrating the Marketing Communications Tools
- Understanding value-propositions
- Constructing marketing communications messages
- Managing content
- Selecting and integrating the right communications tools
- Scheduling the plan, responsibilities and resources
Day Five: Implementing, Briefing, Controlling and Integrating the Communications Plan
- Budgeting for marketing communications
- Measuring the results
- Briefing marketing communications
- Integrating marketing communications with the sales function
- Returning to the plan
- Hints and ideas for improving your plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course