Why Choose this Course?
This intensive course defines what it is to be the “inspirational leader” and outlines the creative and interpersonal behaviours paramount to achieve this in practice. This is done through examining the personal traits that make leaders inspirational, the organisations strategy and assessing the “cultural fit” of the organisation.
This course offers a learning experience in which tools and techniques are employed to build capability and enable a personalized strategic response to the challenges of the leadership role. It will give emphasis on experiential learning and employing good practice through the application of grounded theory.
This course will feature:
- Creating a vision with direction and purpose
- Building a strategy informed by the external and internal environments.
- The identification of organisational culture and how this impacts performance?
- Opportunities to innovate within the organisation
- Crafting a compelling leadership message
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create and articulate organisational vision & identify values that underpin this vision.
- Evaluate external & internal environmental factors required to formulate successful strategy.
- Employ & apply leadership behaviours that build trust and influence.
- Evaluate & assess the impact of organisational culture as a tool for innovation & the implementation of change.
- Align strategy, culture and people to build to a clear line of sight to achieve success.
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit any person currently in or anticipating a leadership role in the near future, who seeks a greater understanding of the role. For example:
- Current leaders who wish to re-establish organisational purpose and direction
- Leaders wishing to reflect upon, appraise and revitalize their approach to leading others
- Aspiring High Potential Future Leaders
- Project Managers keen to improve interpersonal skills
- Managers and HR Professionals who are eager for organisational change
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Designed to fully engage participants, the structure employs the latest thinking in adult learning principles including experiential exercises, self-assessments, video dramatizations, skill practices, case studies and group discussion.
The learning process is designed to accommodate all styles of learner and activities are focused on informing and improving performance. Psychometric tools are employed to offer objective personal feedback and utilised to target future initiatives.
The Course Content
Leading the Strategic Vision
- Building the organisational vision
- Behaviours, Values and harnessing Stakeholder Support
- Qualities that deliver the vision
- Fundamental questions for the inspiring leader
- Inspiring others: principles and practice
- My Leadership challenges
Determining Strategic Direction
- The macro picture: evaluating the global environmental
- The micro picture: evaluating the organisational situation
- The competitive environment and the forces that impact strategy
- Customer focused strategy: how well do we meet their needs.
- Future customer needs: projections and insights
- Building a Strategy tree: practical planning and action
Inspirational Leadership and Culture
- The shadow of the leader
- How leaders impact organisational culture
- Organisational culture. What is it? Why so important?
- Analyzing Organisational Culture: tools and measures
- Defining the characteristics of your culture
- Issues for change. Does our culture align to the vision and strategy?
Generating Momentum and Leading Change
- Leading strategic and cultural change
- Models of change
- Planning for change: Kotter’s Eight Stage model
- Gaining momentum and support
- Overcoming resistance
- Addressing individual resistance. Winning hearts and minds
Inspirational Leadership: Future action and intent
- The anatomy of leadership
- Inspiring by creating meaning: building a compelling vision
- Inspiring through communication: elevator speech
- Inspiring through trust
- Engaging your people
- Action planning and review
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.