Why Choose this Training Course?
The production of gas and oil is often accompanied by water and acid gases, such as (H2S) and (CO2) are often present in produced fluids. These increase the corrosivity of the process, which can significantly impact the safe operating life of pipes and equipment. Additionally, the build-up of corrosion and bacterial by-products on the equipment walls can cause problems with the equipment’s operation.
The potential consequences of internal and external corrosion represent both safety and economic concerns to various sectors of the industry. Corrosion is fought by a complex system of monitoring, preventative repairs and careful use of materials.
This intensive AZTech training course examines the types of corrosion and corrosion control in the gas, oil and water industry and provides an overview of specific process descriptions, and focuses on the examination and identification of metallurgical problems in process units and methods of corrosion monitoring, control and damage reduction.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Fundamental corrosion principles and mechanisms
- Types of corrosion that are related to the oil, gas and water
- Materials of Construction for process applications
- Corrosion Monitoring and inspection Methods
- Aspects of Corrosion inspection and anti corrosion management and mitigation
What are the Goals?
At the end of this AZTech training course participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of corrosion and its mechanisms
- Learn about the different types of corrosion, related to oil, gas and water
- Understand the application of corrosion protection techniques including cathodic protection, coatings and inhibitors
- Have a knowledge of basic metallurgical considerations and Materials of Construction for corrosion resistance
- Recognize and define corrosion for applications and equipment related to oil, gas and water
- Learn about corrosion inspection and monitoring techniques and methods of corrosion mitigation
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is geared towards; personnel wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of corrosion in the refining industry, including:
- Process Engineers
- Inspectors and Inspection Supervisors
- Equipment Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Planners
- Design Engineers
- Service Company Representatives
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course combines structured and focused presentations and discussions of topics covered with relevant examples and question & answer sessions to maximize the benefits to the participants. Participants will be provided with comprehensive hard and electronic course notes and copies of all presentation material. Relevant computer simulations and videos will be utilised to help with the understanding of the various topics.
The Course Content
Day One: Fundamentals of Corrosion Principles
- Introduction to corrosion and corrosion failure potential
- Requirements of corrosion
- Electro chemical cells
- Corrosion mechanisms
- Corrosion rates
- Worked examples
Day Two: Types of Corrosion in the Refinery Industry, Related to Oil, Gas and Water
- Uniform corrosion
- Pitting Corrosion
- Erosion Corrosion
- Crevice Corrosion
- Corrosion Under Lining
- Bimetallic Corrosion
Day Three: Types of Corrosion in the Refinery Industry, Related to Oil, Gas and Water (Continued)
- H2S, CO2, influenced corrosion
- Types of Hydrogen related cracking
- Naphthenic Acid Corrosion
- Carbonate Cracking (CC)
- Chlorine Stress Corrosion Cracking
- Microbiologically Induced Corrosion (MIC)
Day Four: Materials of Construction for Refinery Applications
- Common Materials in the Refinery Industry
- Carbon and alloy Steels
- Stainless steels
- Nickel based alloys
- Polymeric materials
- Selecting the proper material for the application
Day Five: Corrosion Control, Protection and Monitoring
- Cathodic protection
- Coatings and linings
- Corrosion coupons and probes
- Intelligent Pigs
- Overview of API 579
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course