Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly interactive training course is specifically aimed at Industrial hazards and controls. Standards are continually changing and being updated and it is essential that you keep up to date (e.g. in 2018 the new ISO 45001 will be finalised).
If you are in control of staff then you are responsible for Safety. Since you are responsible then it is essential to grasp, control and appreciate the issues of safety and environment. It is important to realise what can go wrong and the measures that are in place to have safety not just as slogan but an active ingredient of day to day operations. Essentially to be able not only to see but to understand what the requirements are for Industrial Safety and by such observations actively assist in the controlling of hazards within your organisation.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Process Safety Management
- Inherent Safety & Risk Evaluation
- Maintenance and Inspections
- Safe Storage of Hydrocarbons
- Incident & Emergency Response
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the Draft ISO 45001
- Review Process Safety Management
- Appraise safe maintenance
- Apply safe work methods for furnaces and boilers
- Evaluate fire safety and fire protection
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course will be valuable to all involved in production, maintenance and control of industrial plants including storage depots and will be of great benefit to:
- Professionals in the Oil and Gas Industry who have responsibilities for health and safety
- Shift managers
- Production engineers
- Process engineers
- Personnel involved in maintenance
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course is presented face to face and will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentations of videos, case studies and discussions that will enhance the learning process.
The Course Content
Day 1: Process Safety Management (PSM)
- OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, & OSHA Safety Management
- ISO 14001
- ANSI / API 754 Performance Indicators
- Background for PSM (CFR 1910.119) and Seveso III
- Case Studies
Day 2: Risk Evaluation and Inherent Safer Design
- Risk Assessments
- Process safety information
- HazCom 2012
- Inherent Safer Design
- Case Study
- Societal Risk
- Consequence modelling
- Land use planning
Day 3: Process Safety
- Management of Change
- Permit-to-work system and Lock out Tag Out CFR 1910.147
- Safe Shift Handover
- Maintenance strategies
- Confined Spaces - CFR 1910.146
- Tank bottom plates repair
Day 4: Process Control
- Safe Operating Envelop
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Emergency Shutdown
- Furnace start up and shutdown
- Furnace control
- Firing conditions
- Boiler Controls
- Storage Depots – Types of Tanks & Tank Bunds, Gas storage
- Case Study
Day 5: Incident and Emergency Response
- Explosion and explosion risk
- Emergency Response – who is in control?
- On site emergency plans
- Off-site emergency plans
- Emergency Control Centre
- AZTech Certificates of Completion are presented to delegates who attend and complete the training course