Why Choose this Training Course?
Giving and receiving feedback are essential skills for anyone in any organisation. However, developing these skills is not always part of professional training and development. Feedback is about how one is doing to reach a goal. Effective and honest feedback is key to an engaged workplace. Research suggests that the workplaces with the highest employee engagement employed consistent feedback methods.
There are two types of feedback, giving and receiving, and both require skills development. This new and unique course focuses on the fundamentals of good people management and excellent communication skills.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Dynamic development of your communication skills
- Incisive ways to examine yourself and your strengths and weaknesses
- Discovering how to use motivational coaching methods
- Expanding your abilities to provide feedback in an emotionally intelligent way
- Enhancing your personal and people management skills
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of effective feedback
- Understand how to communicate effectively with all people
- Develop skills in motivational coaching
- Set effective performance goals
- Understand and remove communication barriers
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone who gives and receives feedback
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Technical professionals moving into management positions
- Professionals who want to improve their interpersonal skills
- Anyone who wants to become an effective leader in their work role
How will this Training Course be presented?
This training course will utilise various proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This practical and hands-on course will include interactive exercises, games, roleplays, video analysis and case studies, visual presentation, and group teamwork.
The Course Content
Day One: The Principles of Effective Feedback
- Understanding feedback – why it matters
- Human behaviour – an introduction
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) – an introduction
- Giving feedback using EI
- A personal career SWOT analysis
Day Two: Improved Communication Skills
- Active listening
- Questioning techniques
- Understanding your communication style
- Language - verbal and non-verbal (body language)
- The SOLER Model for improved communication
Day Three: Giving and Receiving Feedback – The Essentials
- Making performance appraisal work
- Preparing for appraisal meetings
- Setting SMART Goals
- Dealing with poor performance
- Personal Improvement Planning (PIP)
Day Four: Motivational Coaching Skills
- Distinguishing between coaching, mentoring, and training
- Key coaching skills
- Motivational coaching skills
- PKP and Cause and Effect
- Coaching practice
Day Five: Effective Teamwork Feedback
- The psychology of the group
- The Stages of Team Development
- Evaluating Team Performance
- Avoiding groupthink
- Your Personal Action Plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course