An intensive professional development training course on
in a VUCA World
How to Manage Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity
Why Choose this Training Course?
Today, more than ever, business face significant financial challenges. How you do you ensure sustainability, maximise shareholder wealth, increase profitability and maintain liquidity in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous world?
This Financial Challenges in a VUCA World training course provides a detailed understanding of how to evaluate and make financial decisions by measuring the impact of Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity on Revenue, Costs, Cashflows and Budgets. Delegates will design and use financial models to analyse real-life case studies in order to improve their skills and decision making, using sensitivity and scenario analysis, simulating world events. As a result, they will be able to transfer those skills direct to their workplace to enable them to make a valuable contribution in reducing costs, increasing profit and minimizing risk.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An evaluation and assessment of real-world volatility in Financial Markets: Commodity Prices, Exchange Rates, Interest Rates, Investments
- Practical application of financial modelling skills to real life case studies and your company
- Development of finance knowledge and its application to business problems and decision making
- The development of Financial Models which will be of practical use to you and your organization
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of VUCA factors on their organization
- Develop financial models to meet the financial challenges of today and the future
- Manage and Control Budgets in a VUCA world
- Manage financial risk using financial models and the latest hedging tools and techniques
- Contribute to Sustainable Strategies & Policies
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Financial professionals faced with the challenges of Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity
- Professionals who need to develop a greater understanding of finance
- Professionals who need to develop their financial modelling skills
- Those who make decisions using financial models or are impacted by those decisions
- Those responsible for managing finance
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Financial Challenges in a VUCA World training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussions, real-world case studies and exercises. Where appropriate, these will include real issues brought to the workshop by delegates.
The training course is highly participatory and delivered by an experienced financial practitioner, who will guide delegates through finance and the latest tools and techniques to ensure delegates leave with new skills to benefit their personal and organizational development.
The Course Content
Day One: The VUCA World
- What is VUCA?
- Volatility in Financial Markets: Commodity Prices, Exchange Rates, Interest Rates, Investments
- Measures of Volatility
- Uncertainty & Ambiguity: the differences and implications
- Risk: Identifying & Measuring the major Financial Risks
- Complexity: Making complex financial decisions using Decision Trees
Day Two: Forecasting Income, Costs and Economic Variables
- Forecasting Demand & Revenue using Quantitative & Qualitative Data
- Forecasting Commodity Prices, e.g. Oil Prices using statistical models
- Expected Monetary Value (EMV) & Probability Analysis
- Statistical Forecasts Methods in Excel – Time Series Analysis, Exponential Smoothing, Correlation & Regression Analysis
- Cost Estimation – Incremental; Inflation, PERT
- Forecasting Interest Rates & Exchange Rates using historical data, Interest Rate Parity Theory and Purchasing Power Parity Theory
Day Three: Managing VUCA Budgets & Working Capital
- Preparing Budgets based on Day 2
- Budgetary Control & Flexibility
- Variance Analysis
- Earned Value Analysis: Cost & Schedule Variances
- Examining the impact on Working Capital & Break Even
- Managing Working Capital & Liquidity in Uncertain & Complexed times
Day Four: Financial Modelling to Aid Decision Making in a VUCA world
- Preparing Cash Flow Forecasts based on Day 2
- Modelling Finance Decisions – Equity or Debt and the Cost of Capital
- Capital Investment Decisions – Payback, ARR, NPV& IRR using Excel
- Modelling Risk & Uncertainty in Excel
- Sensitivity & What if Analysis
- Scenario Analysis
Day Five: Leadership & Risk Management in a VUCA world
- Leadership & Management through VUCA
- Implementing Sustainable Strategies & Policies
- Strategies to remove the VUCA
- Hedging Financial Risks
- Financial Derivatives – Forwards, Options Futures & Swaps
- Using Derivatives to Managing Oil Price Volatility, Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
- AZTech e-Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.