Why Choose this Training Workshop
In the quest for management excellence we should be mindful that whilst organisations are motivated by maximising productivity and profit, they are essentially human systems subject to a wide range of human emotions, aspirations, frustrations and anxieties. Today’s manager must therfor cope with such complex and diverse ambiguities. Only by establishing a sense of purpose in those we lead can we build the engaged workforce that creates sustainable high performance. Good management is dynamic, flexible and strategically adaptive; it is the very life blood of successful organisations. This training workshop will challenge delegates to examine and reflect upon current practices whilst introducing new skills offering immediate impact on employee performance; sharpen your current competence by attending this energizing workshop.
This training workshop will feature:
- An evaluation of personal management style
- Techniques to effectively manage conflict in the organisation
- Tools for effective problem solving and continuous improvement
- Tools for effective self-management, team management and ‘managerial leadership’
- Recognizing individuality, managing diversity and aligning team performance
What are the Goals
By the end of this training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Select and apply pragmatic methods for effective problem solving and decision making
- Understand the impact of human bias on the decision-making process
- Apply a structured approach to decision making
- Appreciate the importance of clear communication in problem solving process
- Demonstrate a positive “can do” ethos to problems encountered in the workplace
Who is this Training Workshop For?
This training workshop is suitable for all professionals, no matter what their discipline, who have responsibility for decsion making within their organisation. however, it will greatly benefit:
- Employees about to undertake a line management role
- Technical professionals tasked with supervision of others
- Existing Managers seeking to energise their practice
- Managers with career aspirations for future leadership roles
- HR/OD Practitioners who supporting managers to improve their practice
How will this Training Workshop be Presented?
This training workshop will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The emphasis is on experiential learning and applying theory in a practical way to foster good practice. Delegates will be required to contribute real issues that currently impact their organisational performance. All tools and techniques will focus on making an immediate impact and improvement to productivity. The learning process will be highly practical and is designed to accommodate all styles of learner the activist, the reflector, the theorist and the pragmatist. Psychometric tools are employed to offer objective feedback on performance and utilise to target future areas of potential improvement.
The Course Content
Day One: Managing Self and Oothers
- Prioritising the role, responsibilities and deliverables
- Personality traits and managerial style
- Situational management; selecting appropriate management styles
- “Managerial Leadership” to delegate and empowerment
- How to motivate your people?
- Individual development and organisational growth
- Using “Relationship Awareness Theory” to manage conflict productively
- Techniques for Managing change successfully and overcoming resistance
- How to build, lead and sustain the high performing team
- Team performance criteria for assessment and review
- Harnessing collective wisdom
- Reflections and action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training workshop