Why Choose this Training Course?
Numerous studies have proven that success at work is related less to your logical intelligence and has more to do with your level of emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence gives us a solid foundation from which to manage ourselves, others and also perform our tasks with more clarity and confidence.
This Essentials of Emotional Intelligence to Improve Decision Making training course is absolutely vital for anyone wishing to be more competent at handling complex tasks, more adept at communicating with different types of people, and more confident in making smart decisions under pressure.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Self-Mastery – Managing your thoughts, words, actions to achieve success and satisfaction
- Communication – Clear, confident, competent communication with anyone in the workplace
- Decision Making - Logical and intuitive decision-making tools and techniques
- Temperament styles – The secret to managing our communication and relationship with ourselves and others
- Emotional Intelligence – understanding how our egos, emotions and feelings impact our decisions, relationships and the way we work
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different temperaments and adjust communication accordingly
- Recognise and modify emotional states to improve self, task and relationship management
- Determine and apply the appropriate decision-making method for every situation
- Recognise and change counterproductive responses, beliefs and habits to achieve results
- Respond to communication challenges with greater insight, emotional maturity and self confidence
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who aspire to evaluate and develop their emotional intelligence
- Current leaders who seek to refresh their emotional intelligence, communication and decision-making skills
- High potential employees being fast tracked for leadership
- Professionals with new management responsibilities wanting to gain confidence in communicating with their teams and deciding under pressure
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes questionnaires, case studies, presentations, videos, group discussions, role plays, instructor feedback.
The Course Content
Day One: Emotional Intelligence – Knowing yourself
- Defining emotional intelligence and its benefits
- Identifying the 5 elements of emotional intelligence
- Evaluate your own levels of emotional intelligence
- Using the 3 aspects of self-awareness in daily life
- Understanding your own and others temperament styles
- Self-regulation – developing self-discipline with insights from neuro-biology
- The 3 functions of consciousness – how to resolve inner conflicts
Day Two: Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Motivating yourself and others
- What does an emotionally intelligent workplace look like?
- Developing social skills and empathy
- What is ego and how does it affect our relationships?
- Applying the principles of emotional intelligence in work-related scenarios
- How emotions and feelings differ and why it matters more than anything
- How to remain calm and effective in the face of changes and challenges
Day Three: The Emotionally Intelligent Communicator
- The 4 different styles of communication
- How to manage insecurity and irritation before it affects our interactions
- How to be more assertive with anyone – even narcissists!
- How to find win-win solutions in conflict situations
- How to give and receive feedback – negative and positive
- Demonstrating confidence and credibility through body language
Day Four: Emotional Intelligence and Decision Making
- How your temperament influences your decision making
- What is cognitive bias and how to overcome it
- Intuitive and rational decision making – when to use which
- Vroom-Yetton Decision Making Model – helping you decide how to decide
- Rational and Intuitive decision-making techniques and models
- Making group decisions
Day Five – Self and Time Mastery
- How our emotions and temperament affect our ability to manage time
- Creating a programme to achieve work goals and maintain personal balance
- Flow Theory – how to achieve peak states at work
- Reducing mental, emotional, and physical stress
- Creating a workplace that nurtures well-being
- Where to next? Developing a plan for continuous learning
- AZTech Certificate will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the training course