An intensive professional development training course on
& Business Performance
How to Supercharge your Strategic
Project Decisions Using the Right Tools
Why Choose this Training Course?
One failed project, can wipe out a year’s profits!
Projects are the modern way of life for most organisations. Investment in projects is what drives forward Enterprises into innovation or improving current products and services to help improve business performance. The world has never moved at a faster pace, and projects are the route to the journey towards market-place excellence. Yet, still, too many poor projects are chosen, or good projects are poorly delivered.
Projects are no longer a useful “add on” skill; project management is fast becoming a vital competency for key decision-makers as well as project team members in any organisation. This Enterprise Project Management & Business Performance training course will provide a powerful knowledge and skill set to understand the intricacies of selecting the best projects, and ensuring that they are organised, delivered and embedded well.
This training course will feature:
- Effective analysis skills to understand and respond to the company need
- A positive ‘mind-set’ to engage in projects more effectively
- The processes for initiating and planning projects
- How to ensure solution-focus decisions are made
- How to measure, manage, lead and improve business performance
- The key concepts and methods of Business Process Re-engineering
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse and improve business requirements
- Understand why project management is crucial as a competency
- Utilise SQERT processes
- Manage the project context as you Engage with Stakeholders
- Step up as a project advocate
- Embedding the project solution to improve business performance
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Sponsors
- Project Managers
- Strategic Managers
- Operational Managers
- Business Analysts
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. We will work with one key case-study and use hands-on exercises to practice the application of knowledge and use of skills to drive the project towards a successful conclusion, whilst referring to other case-studies for comparison. The lecturer will facilitate plenary discussions as well as instruction to explore key concepts, models, tools and techniques. Structured reviews will provide the opportunity to consider how the learning can be applied to participants’ own work.
The Course Content
Day One: Managing Business Performance
- Vision, Values, Mission and Strategy
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Financial, Customer, Business Process and Change/Growth perspectives
- Linking strategy and objectives (Cause and effect)
- Outcome measures, performance drivers and feedback
- Implementing Business Performance Management
Day Two: The Need for Project Management
- What is a project?
- Problems and difficulties associated with projects
- Why use project management?
- The project lifecycle
- Understand the project context
- Initiating a project with key stakeholders
- Introducing Risk management
Day Three: Project Planning
- The contents of a Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Project Network diagram
- Project estimating and cost management
- Time scheduling (the Critical Path)
- Resource scheduling (the Gantt Chart)
Day Four: Managing Project Implementation
- Preparing for project execution
- Designing the monitoring process
- Project control processes
- Project reporting
- Project closure
- Project evaluation
Day Five: Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR)
- The principles and benefits of BPR
- The re-engineering process stages
- Process mapping
- How to re-engineer business processes
- Change management
- Final course review and action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.