Why Choose this Training Course?
Engineering projects are, without doubt, the most challenging and complex type of project there is. This is because engineering projects are continuously pushing the limits of modern technology and human skills in order to deliver results that are better and more efficient than ever before. Engineering projects are also carried out in environments that vary widely from one project to the next. The consequences of a failed engineering project are often catastrophic, ranging from severe health and safety impacts, to environmental damage and extreme financial penalties.
It is therefore of vital importance that engineering projects are managed as effectively and efficiently as possible. Without this, most engineering projects will, at best, suffer from delays and cost over-runs but, at worst, may result in human fatalities, environmental damage, and severe financial loss. This Engineering Project Management training course is designed to help develop the skills of both existing and aspiring Project Managers, Engineers, and Team Leaders in the fundamental aspects of engineering project management, providing them with the ability to successfully manage and deliver engineering projects of any size and complexity.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding the fundamentals of engineering project management
- Key project management skills needed to maximise project performance
- Planning, organising, implementing, and controlling engineering projects
- Managing engineering project risks
- Engineering project scheduling and progress measurement techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a professional, systematic approach to managing engineering projects
- Define project scope, establish realistic objectives, and accurately specify project deliverables
- Produce realistic project plans and identify the schedule critical path.
- Effectively manage project risks
- Establish essential project control methods and procedures
- Understand how to apply proven project estimating and progress measurement techniques
- Understand PMI’s specific methods, processes, and expectations for managing project risks
Who is this Training Course for?
The training course is tailored for all personnel who are exposed to, involved in, or responsible for, the successful delivery of engineering projects of all sizes and complexity levels.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technical Assistants
- Procurement Managers & Asset Managers
- Cost Estimators & Project Planners
- Project Engineers & Discipline Engineers
- Project Managers & Contract Managers
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Project Directors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding and retention of the information presented. This includes holding group discussions and exercises that will enable delegates to share their own experiences and apply the course concepts. Hands-on exercises and case studies will provide an opportunity to practice the use of the models, techniques and competencies covered. Personal assessment, reflection and action planning will ensure that delegates know how to put what they have learned into practice.
The Course Content
Day One: Engineering Project Fundamentals
- Key Project Terms & Definitions
- The Engineering Project Lifecycle
- Engineering Project Complexity Factors
- Understanding Project Environment & Context
- Defining Engineering Project Scope
- Key Financial Concepts
Day Two: Engineering Project Planning & Organising
- Identifying Objectives & Prioritising Goals
- Engineering Project Planning Methods
- Developing Work & Cost Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Roles & Responsibilities
- Project Estimating Techniques
- Project Scheduling Methods
Day Three: Implementing & Controlling Engineering Projects
- Project Resource Management
- Developing Project Control Systems
- Applying Formal Management of Change
- Engineering Document Reviews & Control
- The Project Risk Management Process
Day Four: Performance & Progress Measurement
- Measuring Projects for Success
- Project Management Success Factors
- Project Monitoring & Reporting Methods
- Key Performance Indicators
- Performance Measurement (Earned Value Management)
- The Time-Cost Trade-off
Day Five: Engineering Project Leadership
- Project Interface Management
- Team Building & The Team Development Cycle
- Communication, Delegation, and Motivation Skills
- Running Effective Project Meetings
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Successfully Closing Engineering Projects
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an R.E.P. has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.