Why Choose this Training Course?
Emotional intelligence is vital for workplace success. Emotionally intelligent professionals can help build effective relationships for enhancing work productivity. Understanding and raising your Emotional Intelligence is essential to your success and leadership potential.
The course will concentrate on the skills required to build effective relationships and also to lead teams effectively and manage the diverse personalities normally found in the workplace. The ability to respond appropriately to feelings in ourselves and others, practice innovative teamwork and encourage synergy between team members is essential to building a successful organization.
Furthermore, participants will learn how to improve their leadership skills to motivate themselves and inspire others. Handle stress the high EQ (Emotional Intelligence) way and delegate tasks for mutual enrichment.
This course will feature:
- Developing the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply emotions as a source of leadership, communication and influence
- Gaining insights into perceptions and its importance in the workplace
- Understanding how EQ (Emotional Intelligence) influences the way they respond to others and themselves
- Discovering how to apply EQ (Emotional Intelligence) in the workplace for building teamwork and accountable leadership
What are the Goals?
- Develop interpersonal skills such as self-awareness, which is the ability of an individual to recognize and understand one’s moods, emotions and drives as well as their impact on others
- Cultivate empathy or the ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people and skill in responding according to their emotional reactions
- Develop interpersonal skills which indicate the individual’s proficiency in managing relationships and building networks
- Develop skills in responding to criticisms & adversity
- Leadership strategies for working with others towards shared goals
Who is this Training Course for?
The course is designed for team leaders, supervisors or anyone who is an acting or aspiring leader in any sector of industry and/or business. The course is also appropriate for those who desire to learn effective management and leadership skills and techniques to be able to better manage their work.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will involve the use of slides, handout material, work manual with all instructor notes and slides, examples of best practice and appropriate video/DVD material. The use of flip-charts, syndicate workshops and reporting back sessions will encourage a fully participative and enjoyable event. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating previous work experiences.
The Course Content
Day One: Developing Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
The professional understands the importance of emotional intelligence in the workplace. Developing intrapersonal and interpersonal skills are very important attributes for success as a professional.
- Practicing intrapersonal and interpersonal skills
- Self-awareness of own personality
- Developing innovative teamwork
- Removing blocks to teamwork
Topics to be covered:
- What is Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ)
- Intrapersonal & Interpersonal skills
- Emotional Excellence in the workplace
- Understanding your personality style
- Emotional Intelligence for Innovative Teamwork
- Removing blocks to innovative teamwork through EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
Day Two: Becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Leader
An emotionally intelligent leader understands the importance of building effective teams and nurturing relationships for workplace success.
- Assessing strengths and weakness in oneself and in team members
- Effective persuasion of team members
- Cultivating effective relationships
- Emphasizing trustworthiness in team members
Topics to be covered:
- Accurate self-assessment for personal transformation
- Knowing one’s strengths & weaknesses
- Building effective teams
- Inspiring and guiding individuals & teams
- Nurturing relationships
- Developing trustworthiness for corporate transformation
Day Three: Building Effective Relationships
Workplace success requires teams to build effective relationships. Leadership styles can either cultivate healthy relationships or cause relationships to be damaged. Emotionally intelligent professionals can work well with others towards shared goals.
- Assessing leadership style
- Developing accountable leadership
- Shared goals
- Emotionally intelligent empowerment
Topics to be covered:
- Getting things done through people
- Assessing your leadership style
- Accountable Leadership for managing performance
- Working with others towards shared goals
- From delegation to empowerment
- Developing an action plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course