Why Choose this Course?
The primary and basic tool for troubleshooting and maintenance of an electrical installation is to understand and interpret electrical drawings and control circuits. This seminar will familiarise engineers and technicians with the various standards and practices of electrical drawings, in addition to understand the power flow and equipment installed.
Electrical symbols and designations on schematic and wiring diagrams facilitate the operations of the primary and secondary equipment. These aspects with respect to reading and tracing electrical drawing will be covered in the seminar.
This course will feature ways how to:
- Interpret single line diagrams
- Read the concept of the circuit’ protection and control
- Read and trace electrical diagrams
- Integrate diagrams during troubleshooting
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish and be familiar with electric symbols
- Recognize and gain knowledge of electric CAD with intelligent symbols
- Analyse electrical drawings in problem solving
- Identify and learn more about intelligent Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable for a wide range of professionals; however, it will greatly benefit the following attendees:
- Electrical Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Technicians
- Electrical Supervisors
- Professionals interested in BIM
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes audio and video power point presentation. The course is designed to have an interactive format to maximize delegate participation. Questions and answers sessions are encouraged throughout the course. The case-studies are tailored to the attendees needs and various examples from practice will be discussed in problem solving workshop sessions.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction, Types of Drawings and Symbols
- Drawings purpose and their importance
- Drawings classification
- International symbols for electric drawings
- Designations and their roles in drawings
Day Two: Single Line Diagrams and General Arrangements
- Single line diagram verses three line diagram
- Understanding single line diagrams
- Understanding protection & control block diagrams
- Importance of CT and VT data in diagrams
- Diagrams role in system analysis, switching & protection grading
- General arrangements
Day Three: Schematic Diagrams and its Merits
- Understanding schematic diagrams
- Reading and tracing AC inputs on diagrams
- Tracing control circuits in diagrams
- Protection circuits in logic and schematic diagrams
- Parts list and cross references
- Reading tabular and diagrammatic forms of wirings
Day Four: CAD for Diagrams
- Drawing by CAD
- Electric CAD
- Intelligent symbols and their application
- Reading single line diagrams in electric CAD
- Tracing schematic diagrams created in electric CAD
Day Five: Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Drawings and exporting data
- Trouble shooting with reference to the drawings
- BIM overview
- BIM platform
- BIM issues
- Course Summary & Closure
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.