Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
This highly practical course will aim to equip Leaders of the needed first class communication skills in order to ensure that everyone completes tasks on time and within budget. Excellent communication and leadership skills have always been one of the essential tools in building a more effective workforce. Poor communication is responsible for repeated mis-messaging, lack of understanding, and an increase of stress in the workplace Charismatic leaders are skilled communicators, and coordinators who lead successful teams. Top Coordinators manage time, people and priorities, with the ability to influence and lead at all levels.
This course will feature:
- How to comprehensively enrich communication skills that can be used both personally and professionally
- The essential skills necessary to become an effective coordinator
- How to enhance leadership skills
- A greater understanding of their own strengths and challenges
- How to develop skills of an influencer and motivator
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Increase self-awareness, enabling a greater understanding of strengths & skills gaps as leaders and coordinators
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
- Coordinate people, events and projects with confidence
- Identify motivational traits of people at work and methods of increasing their levels of motivation
- Understand the latest leadership, time and teamwork theories and the practical application in the workplace
Who is this Course for?
This program is intended to who supervise other people and processes and give them pure communication and leadership skills to enable them to have the capacity to both lead and manage people. Also, this course is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their communication and leadership skills, and is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone who wishes to improve the relationship and communication skills
- New members of a Management Team
- Team Leaders interested in further developing their management skills
- Managers/Heads from a variety of departments who, as part of their role, need to perfect crystal clear communication models
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes variety of media and learning techniques to enrich and expand the communication and leadership skills of all of the delegates. Everything the delegates learn will be based on proven principles and leading edge theories drawn from a range of disciplines, including psychology, management and leadership best practice, NLP, anthropology and linguistics while 100% of the techniques and processes on this highly interactive course will be transferable to the workplace.
The Course Content
Who do you think you are?
- Self-awareness: understanding your strengths and challenges
- Psychometrics: the art of personal profiling
- Leadership style: how do you work with your team?
- Assessing your abilities as a coordinator
- Discovering your preferred team role
- Your own communication style
Enriching your Communication Skills
- Subjective vs. objective experience in communication
- Influence and the importance of advanced language patterns in communication
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- Motivation and behavioural drivers
- The emotional loop
The Skills of the Coordinator
- Time bandits: understanding the value of your time
- Prioritisation or procrastination
- Working together to achieve your goals: the secrets of great team working
- Essentials of project management
- Chairmanship: how to run effective and productive meetings
- Coordination activities in the age of IT
The Modern Leader
- Exploring emotional intelligence: the 10 intelligences
- IQ versus EQ in staff recruitment and retention
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
- Theory X and Theory Y – push and pull leadership
- Leadership: The importance of personal and corporate values within the workplace
- Organisational culture and the impact in the workforce
Communicating, Coordinating and Leading
- What do people say about your team - and what do you want them to say?
- Key challenges for your team and how to meet them
- Case study: communicating, coordinating and leading in practice
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.